Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Other Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2012, 01:41 AM   #1 
Bombalurina

Goldfish pictures, please!

Dear goldfish owners/lovers/addicts

As some of you may know, I have made a pamphlet on betta care. I really want to do one for goldfish too, so I need some pictures. :) I need them to be clear (not fuzzy or out of focus). They can be whole body shots, face shots or something in between. :)

I want some of fancy goldfish, some of comets, some of ponds and some of tanks. The goldfish can be any age, as long as you let me know what age (and preferably size, too). :) I'd also love some contributing information. I know about tank sizes, powerful filters, diet and common problems like swim bladder for fancies, but if you think I'm missing something or have a wacky fact to share, I'd love to hear it.

So please please please inundate me with photos! The betta photo thread went really well and the pamphlet turned out beautifully, so I'd love to be able to do the same thing for these lovely fish. :)

Thanks to any potential contributors! :D I will be sharing the finished product!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 02:10 AM   #2 
thekoimaiden

:D I'm excited for this! I'll gladly help in any way I can. I've got a few pictures for you. The shots of the pond are of a goldfish pond that I visited while trying to get ideas for my own pond. I don't remember who's pond it is, but they were really nice. I can understand if you don't feel comfortable using them.

My goldfish, on the other hand, take terrible shots. Every single photo I have is either blurry or has terrible reflections. Photo shots with wiggly fish that always think you are going to feed them is tough.
Attached Images

thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 04:26 PM   #3 
Wolfie305

I will totally try and snag some good ones of Ro :3
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 06:37 PM   #4 
Badjer

I may be able to get some shots of my babies soon. (: We have a small (overstocked but carefully monitored) pond with 9 goldfish, both fantails and comets. As some of these are rescues, I'm thrilled to hear about you creating a good, proper goldfish care source! I'd say goldies are definitely the world's most misunderstood fish. =\
Badjer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:15 PM   #5 
Bombalurina

I reckon! The poor things are even more abused than bettas. :(
That pond is beautiful, KoiMaiden! Trouble is (as a law student who is terrified of breaking copyright laws) I'd be reluctant to use it. :( But oh my goodness, I am drooling.
If anyone has koi, it might also be good to include a koi picture to warn people off keeping them in tanks etc...

I'd love some of your little cutie, Wolfie. :)
Old 03-26-2012, 08:30 PM   #6 
thekoimaiden

:D I can do koi shots! They are the most photogenic fish I have. Both photos are from last summer. The foliage hasn't come in now to take great shots, but I can try for some more tomorrow.

1: Byakko, female koi, 16 inches 5 years old at time of picture

2: All 6 koi, ranging in ages from 5 to 3, both genders present

Aside: I can get a good picture of a goldfish quarantine tank with a fish and bubble filter if you want that.
Attached Images

thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:42 PM   #7 
emeraldsky

@thekoimaiden
Your koi are so pretty *A*

I have 2 ranchus, Pancake and Shimmy
http://www.bettafish.com/showthread.php?t=94717&page=3
Thats my thread with pictures of them, if youd like, I can take more ^^

Theyre about 3 inches long, not terribly sure how old they are. They live in a 29 gallon with live plants and double filtration ^^ I feed them goldfish sinking pellets.
emeraldsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:21 PM   #8 
Bombalurina

Aw, they are so cute! I would love more pictures of them.

KoiMaiden, your koi are stunning! I want a koi pond. :( *jealousy*. Some of your quarantine tank would be great, too. :)

I can put in some great photos of my sister's comet, since he's a fine healthy fish, but his tank is dreadful (too small and not attractively decorated). It might be cool to have a picture of his ten-inch bulk next to Wolfie's tiny little pixie of a fish. :p
Old 03-26-2012, 10:35 PM   #9 
copperarabian

I have 2, they're kinda old though

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 10:47 PM   #10 
Wolfie305

Hahaha I know she is soooo tiny! I tried getting some of her this morning real quick when the light was in my room, but she's still kinda afraid of me :( She hides in her log. I'll get her picture though :P
Wolfie305 is offline   Reply With Quote