Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 07-29-2012, 03:16 AM   #371 
tanseattle

I saw his video a long back when I searching about betta (after 32 years away I am back). I did not like his attitude but I forget about it and move on.

After that when I search for video for betta I saw his name came up but I never click on it again. I love watch fry eats...

Tan
tanseattle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 04:10 AM   #372 
Pilot00

Had watched one of his videos, when i seen the title: the best breeder in the world i just closed it.

Even if he were i dont like people talking about themselves like that. And most likely he is illiterate as well.

Anyway heres a treat about inbreeding if you have sometime, it explains both the pros and cons. http://www.angelsplus.com/ArticleInbreeding.htm

EDIT: I might have a more scientific answer in the coming days since one of my best palls is a fish scientist as i call him ;)
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 05:49 AM   #373 
KevinPham123

Thaitybeta is one overconfident jerk.

Last edited by dramaqueen; 07-31-2012 at 12:06 AM. Reason: Profanity
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 07:41 AM   #374 
Pilot00

Got that discussion with my friend about inbreeding in fish. I dont wont to go into the jargon of things, but bottom line is that since the process of fertilization is not the same with mammals the recessive genes that would cause disease/skeletal problems/immune system deficiency and other 'beautiful' problems are been kept in check. They dont express themselves in the first 3 or 4 generations, but they are formed and are been carried around by the fish. After that the danger of expression is high and thereby the fish can suffer from problems in various areas should inbreeding continues. In essence its DNA becomes a pandoras box. You dont know what will come out.

This studies were conducted in various salt water fish and certainly not in bettas though.
Pilot00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2012, 01:58 AM   #375 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

That Betta breeder is an ignorant jerk.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 12:00 AM   #376 
hanous

hello, i am a new member so i was reading posts and always happy to learn new things (everytime you learn something new, u get a wrinkle in your brain-so i was told in college). im a begginer with the fish, but not with people, and this person is a total idoit! when i read u r only 15yrs old i almost choked! you speek very well, and seem like ur highly intellegant for your age. thats why i have to say this: people who use big words all the time, especially when writing, are the ones who are lacking self-esteem, and intellegance. the way he wrote 4 paragraphs with the same info. repeating himself, also if you noticed, he mis-spelled almost every regular word except the big ones (he had to look the spelling up) and kept repeating how u were stupid-a person who is content with themselves and what they are doing (breeding in this case)don't act like that because they know what their doing works. he is a foney so he calls others names and put them down. you said what you had to and kept it short n simple, so i really hope he did post your comment and his response to it. cause if people read that, they rather not buy from someone who thinks he is a "god". if he really bothers you, just idea, you should message him in a personal message and say "im sending this private message so i dont embarras u. i'm under the age of 18yrs old and have more respect in the way i communicate with people. but you are so arrogant and immature, all you did was put me down and call me stupid, and you are older then me! i would never want you FREE advice, i just want people to get the truth so they can buy and care for the pet they love. but thank you for showing me just how illiterate you are. you didnt say 1 thing about actually caring/loving your fish, just breeding and $$$."
like i said, just idea lol. well good luck with your fish
hanous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:01 AM   #377 
KevinPham123

Quote:
Originally Posted by hanous View Post
hello, i am a new member so i was reading posts and always happy to learn new things (everytime you learn something new, u get a wrinkle in your brain-so i was told in college). im a begginer with the fish, but not with people, and this person is a total idoit! when i read u r only 15yrs old i almost choked! you speek very well, and seem like ur highly intellegant for your age. thats why i have to say this: people who use big words all the time, especially when writing, are the ones who are lacking self-esteem, and intellegance. the way he wrote 4 paragraphs with the same info. repeating himself, also if you noticed, he mis-spelled almost every regular word except the big ones (he had to look the spelling up) and kept repeating how u were stupid-a person who is content with themselves and what they are doing (breeding in this case)don't act like that because they know what their doing works. he is a foney so he calls others names and put them down. you said what you had to and kept it short n simple, so i really hope he did post your comment and his response to it. cause if people read that, they rather not buy from someone who thinks he is a "god". if he really bothers you, just idea, you should message him in a personal message and say "im sending this private message so i dont embarras u. i'm under the age of 18yrs old and have more respect in the way i communicate with people. but you are so arrogant and immature, all you did was put me down and call me stupid, and you are older then me! i would never want you FREE advice, i just want people to get the truth so they can buy and care for the pet they love. but thank you for showing me just how illiterate you are. you didnt say 1 thing about actually caring/loving your fish, just breeding and $$$."
like i said, just idea lol. well good luck with your fish
Welcome mate!

Well said. I still don't understand how he thinks he is one of the best. TBH no one can be the best.
KevinPham123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 04:54 AM   #378 
mursey

Location: formerly SF, then Tucson AZ, now central New Jersey
Quote:
Originally Posted by Olympia View Post
Hahahah
"Jesus your stupid" Uhh my stupid what?
He can't even spell betta....

My teachers always say that swearing a lot to strangers in situations like this is a sign of extreme stupidity.
Those poor fish Dx

Edit: Uhh I'm no expert but isn't it kind un pro like to be breeding a CTxVT? :s
Also, never knew betta had such long ding dongs -cannot unsee-

Ha ha. . she's right. I didn't get past "Your stupid" without rolling my eyes. If you can't use proper grammar or spelling you better not call other people stupid several times. What a moron.

(I disagree about the swearing thing but that's just me. I love swearing in certain situations but at least I can spell, read, write, and use proper grammar in most situations. The correct usage of "Whom" occasionally gets me. I still hate when people end a sentence in a preposition or use overly redundant language but saying the F word does not offend me half as much as not being able to read and write in your given language. Most of the world can use several languages so there is not excuse not to be able to use ONE language. Those people need to go back to second grade.)
mursey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2012, 10:58 AM   #379 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

He can breed the Betta but he can not show the Betta. I can not breed bettas because I do not have the room.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote