Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2012, 10:14 PM   #21 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

What the poop... If that happened we could sue right? NO WHERE on their site does it say they do this illegally, how would I know?
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:36 PM   #22 
sparkyjoe

I ordered some stuff from them right before reading the post in this thread about them possibly getting confiscated by Customs. I believe they will be good about a refund if that would happen, but I think I'm gonna find an alternate source for my plants.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:25 AM   #23 
alleaa

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparkyjoe View Post
I ordered some stuff from them right before reading the post in this thread about them possibly getting confiscated by Customs. I believe they will be good about a refund if that would happen, but I think I'm gonna find an alternate source for my plants.

They did not give me any problems with a refund. They are very good about that from everything I've seen. I wish they would give a warning about not including the required certificate but I can see why they don't. No one in the countries that require it would buy from them. I wish I would have searched online for reviews before I ordered from them.

I had to find alternate sources for my plants. I ended up going with http://www.shop.plantedaquariumscentral.com and have had nothing but positive experiences with them. They send a few extra plants every time I order which makes the shipping seem not so bad.

For Indian Almond Leaves, I buy them from http://www.joshsfrogs.com/indian-alm...es-5-pack.html.

Last edited by alleaa; 03-28-2012 at 12:28 AM.
alleaa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 12:37 AM   #24 
MrVampire181

Amy Lim is THE go to for IAL. She tells customs, what's in the package, how much, scientific names, and throws in free gifts like IAL tea bags and Indian Almond tree seeds.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:18 AM   #25 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Would they refund a possible $1300 fine? I doubt it >__>

Planted aquarium central doesnt ship to canada. I can't find a Canadian based plant retailer :(
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 11:00 AM   #26 
sparkyjoe

I've been looking for local sources and found two options. One is the the local "fish club" where people apparently have spare plant cuttings that they might be selling or giving away.

I'm more hopeful about my second option... I was searching eBay for domestic plant options by using their "Distance" option for sorting. Well, I kept finding this person who was like 6 miles from me. I finally got up the courage to use the "Ask a question" to introduce myself and we've been communicating by email. Turns out this person has a *huge* fish room with over 100 tanks! In addition to having plants she also breeds guppies, plattys, mollies and BETTAS!

She has some amazing fish. Apparently she often "rehomes" her breeding pairs, which are sometimes AquaBid imports, after they've given her some spawns. Oh the possibilities!

Anyway, those are some options. :)
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #27 
Tamyu

I have lost my admiration of the tea.
It stained my fish.
Seriously. All their "clear" bits are now tinted brown, and my male's face (he is a piebald) is obviously stained in blotches.

Instead of bright white and blue like he was, he is now a dirty brownish cream color and muddy blue...

I hope it comes out quickly. They seemed to be quite content in it, but that is some serious staining after just a couple days.
Tamyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 11:08 AM   #28 
Pitluvs

There is a guy in USA that sells cheap plants online, and he's working with a local guy in my Province to get all the bells and whistles in place to ship to Canada :) Until then, I'll still buy from aquatic, I haven't had any issues yet but I also don't buy large quantities.

IAL from Amy Lim is THE way to go. Much more cheaper and it offers everything IAL is supposed to. I payed about $7 for 50 leaves, I'll be buying larger amounts soon.
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:26 AM   #29 
MadameDesu

AUGH! I ordered a Marimo from aquaticmagic about a week ago! Now I'm hearing that it could end up costing me? UGH.
I hope it gets through :(
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 09:45 AM   #30 
ao
TFK Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamyu View Post
I have lost my admiration of the tea.
It stained my fish.
Seriously. All their "clear" bits are now tinted brown, and my male's face (he is a piebald) is obviously stained in blotches.

Instead of bright white and blue like he was, he is now a dirty brownish cream color and muddy blue...

I hope it comes out quickly. They seemed to be quite content in it, but that is some serious staining after just a couple days.

Oh dear, were you using twinnings? I find a their reato be pretty string usually...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ial, indian almond leaves, rooibos, tea