Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2012, 09:35 AM   #1 
Jlbfish

Questions about Stress and Lighting

I put my betta in a 10 gallon (see previous thread that starts with border collie) LOL. He hasn't been liking it but given this is the 3rd day. Thanks for everyones advice.

I am starting to regret not leaving him in the 3.5 gallon or getting him a 5 gallon. I REALLY dislike the look of the 10 gallon incandescent bulbs at the moment but really liked him under LED lights. The 10 gallon plus LED Lights is pretty pricey (I just got the 35$ tank).

If I decide I prefer 5 gallon with LED lighting or 10 gallon with LED lighting OR his 3.5 gallon back is it dangerous to move him?

Also does anyone have the Marineland 10 gallon BioWheel (that is 75$ GASP), or Marineland Crescent 5

I don't want to switch out if it is bad for him it is more for aesthetics at this point. Thanks!

Jana
Jlbfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:49 AM   #2 
starburst

i have had my Betta fish for almost a year and i havent had lights or anything on him is that bad?
starburst is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:10 PM   #3 
Jlbfish

No I don't think so as long as there is some indirect light. But I am a newbie.
Jlbfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

What type of lights you have or don't have won't bother your betta. Brightness is another issue - bettas can be stressed in super bright light. It can always be toned down with floating plants (a great way to make bettas feel more confident - attacks from birds and stuff come from above so floating plants = security). :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote