Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2012, 05:08 PM   #1 
Nish

Male Betta with an African Dwarf Frog?

I had kept my betta with ghost shrimp, but he has eaten all of them! He is clearly aggressive with the ghost shrimp, so I no longer think that I should keep him with them. I still want something else than just my betta in this my 3.5 gallon heated and filtered tank. If he killed and ate the shrimp, do you think that my betta will be to aggressive for an African Dwarf Frog? Thanks!
Nish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 07:57 PM   #2 
LionCalie

It's very likely he will. I tried ADF's with one of my boys and he was constantly harassing them because he thought their limbs were edible. Also, many people do not realize that ADF's can be very high maintenance when kept with fish. They have extremely poor eyesight and are nocturnal. When kept with other fish they often starve and need to be handfed because the fish eat their food before they can find it.

I hope this helps. I gave my ADF's their own 5.5 gallon. They are much happier!
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote