Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-27-2012, 08:24 PM   #1 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Can I have your opinion?

I recently sold a fish to someone via Aquabid and instead of waiting for me to send them a invoice for the fish that included the cost of a heat pack they sent the money to the wrong Paypal covering the cost of the fish and shipping but not a heat pack. Despite the complications this caused me I was still nice and made sure to offer them a heat pack again via email to be sure that they didn't forget to pay for it on accident. They never replied and so I sent the fish without the heat pack. The fish arrived alive and the buyer emailed me saying
Quote:
I went and picked up the fish today. Poor guy was freezing but alive.
I responded letting her know that I was sorry about that but I had offered a heat pack and they didn't want one. She never responded to my email. So now I go look on my feedback and she gave me positive feedback but it just says
Quote:
fish arrived alive
I am very upset about this because I did everything in my power to offer this woman a heat pack and now she is acting like I did something wrong.

I need to know what I should do, I am a new seller and I don't like having this kind of feedback when I am just getting started...I have to leave feedback for her and I feel like I need to explain myself on her page now......Any ideas, am I overreacting??
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:42 PM   #2 
dramaqueen
Banned

I wouldntsend the fish without a definite response from the buyer. I would let them know that you won't send the fish until you hear from them.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 09:51 PM   #3 
bettasusa

I would just include the heat pack in a flat rate charge on the shipping. I think others may disagree with me on this as there was some debate on a previous thread about shipping and the time it may cost a seller to check the weather etc.

But I see it like this. If we leave it up to the buyer there are mistakes bound to be made. It doesn't take me any more time than it normally would to check the weather on weather.com by entering their zip code once I sent or received an invoice. I personally don't have a problem doing this because I know that I've been changing water every day sometimes twice a day to raise my precious babies and the last thing I need is for a buyer who, 1). Wants to be cheap, 2). Doesn't really know about the shipping process and 3). Doesn't realize bettas are indeed tropical fish to give me hell and bad feedback because I knowingly sent them a fish that I pretty much knew needed a heat pack. What does that say about me ya know? I do my best to raise my fish and I'm sure you do too so I would make the heat pack apart of your flat rate and use them as needed. It will avoid a lot of error and honestly those who aren't willing to pay the flat rate charge don't deserve to have our bettas in their homes.

My rate is currently 15.00 and that includes the insulated box (2 sizes) and the heat pack when necessary. I also check the weather at the same time I print the shipping label. I hope this helps and please take no offense as we can all learn from the shipping as generally I find that to be the most stressful not only on the fish but the buyer and the seller as well.
bettasusa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:40 PM   #4 
Bettas Rule
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by bettasusa View Post
I would just include the heat pack in a flat rate charge on the shipping. I think others may disagree with me on this as there was some debate on a previous thread about shipping and the time it may cost a seller to check the weather etc.

But I see it like this. If we leave it up to the buyer there are mistakes bound to be made. It doesn't take me any more time than it normally would to check the weather on weather.com by entering their zip code once I sent or received an invoice. I personally don't have a problem doing this because I know that I've been changing water every day sometimes twice a day to raise my precious babies and the last thing I need is for a buyer who, 1). Wants to be cheap, 2). Doesn't really know about the shipping process and 3). Doesn't realize bettas are indeed tropical fish to give me hell and bad feedback because I knowingly sent them a fish that I pretty much knew needed a heat pack. What does that say about me ya know? I do my best to raise my fish and I'm sure you do too so I would make the heat pack apart of your flat rate and use them as needed. It will avoid a lot of error and honestly those who aren't willing to pay the flat rate charge don't deserve to have our bettas in their homes.

My rate is currently 15.00 and that includes the insulated box (2 sizes) and the heat pack when necessary. I also check the weather at the same time I print the shipping label. I hope this helps and please take no offense as we can all learn from the shipping as generally I find that to be the most stressful not only on the fish but the buyer and the seller as well.
I just found out that it was a misunderstanding, she accidently posted the comment before it was finished and that's why it read like that. All is well
Bettas Rule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 10:45 PM   #5 
MrVampire181

Glad to hear it! I agree about including the heat pack. Shipping a small box for $15 will give you more than enough for all insulation and heat packs plus a few bucks profit.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #6 
styggian

Why is Bettas Rule banned?
styggian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 12:38 AM   #7 
dramaqueen
Banned

Arguing with other members and showing disrespect to and refusing to cooperate with moderators.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote