Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2012, 10:30 PM   #1 
ZackyBear

Question Brine Shrimp?

I read somewhere that bettas can eat brine shrimp. Is that true? If it is, does anyone here raise their own brine?

Also, just out of curiosity, why are moon tails so exspensive? i prefer crown tails, but looked up moons on aquabid and my eyes popped out almost x3
ZackyBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:53 PM   #2 
lvandert

They love brine shrimp. Although I've heard they do get messy with it-tearing it apart and what not. I don't even feed mine brine shrimps (I do mosquito larva) but I do know you can culture them yourselves and feed them to your bettas. But you can also feed them the frozen brine shrimp you find in the petshops, just make sure you thaw them first
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:59 PM   #3 
ZackyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
They love brine shrimp. Although I've heard they do get messy with it-tearing it apart and what not. I don't even feed mine brine shrimps (I do mosquito larva) but I do know you can culture them yourselves and feed them to your bettas. But you can also feed them the frozen brine shrimp you find in the petshops, just make sure you thaw them first
Thank you, Ivan ^_^!
Old 03-30-2012, 02:46 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Halfmoons are expensive because they are the most in demand show fish. More HMs are shown and bred than other fin types. Also they are somewhat difficult to raise (believe me on that.... their fins never want to stay perfect).
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:26 PM   #5 
ZackyBear

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrVampire181 View Post
Halfmoons are expensive because they are the most in demand show fish. More HMs are shown and bred than other fin types. Also they are somewhat difficult to raise (believe me on that.... their fins never want to stay perfect).
Their fins are very regal-looking to me. Half-moons are beautiful but I prefer crowntails~! Thanks for telling me this. I didn't know there were actual fish showings...or something like that.