Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2012, 02:05 AM   #1 
ao
TFK Moderator

Slime on nose? (below right eye)

My betta no.2 (alas) has seemed to develop a speck of white slime looking thing out of his right nose and just before his eye. His right eye is also white undernet unlike his left when he is looking up, Ive quarantined him in a 1/2 gallon with salt just to be safe....any idea what the stuff could be...? Hes also had a little scuffle getting tangled in a plant, Ive been changing his water almost every day since seeing a tinge of red on the tip of his tail(better not be fin rot...)

When I fed him his hikari pellet today (semi soaked) he held it in his mouth for about a minute before I looked away, and I have no idea whether he ate it or not, the second pellet I have him, he promptly snatched off my finger and swallowed, I did notice that his mouth isnt closing completely. Any ideas?

I tried taking a photo, but it was too small and the camera couldnt pick up light from his almost black head...

He's was in a temporary 0.8 gals of water with water wisterias and a macromedia brownei (aquatic mint, creeping charlie) both plants are bigorous growers. temperature is 78, but may have dropped when I opened my window last night to air out my room ( temp in nyc suddenly dropped to 32F last night). I forgot about the fish and left the window open :(

This was him yesterday, note the red tips on his fin...

Betta no.1 is fine. growing some nice cobalt highlights on his tail and long front fins. getting a nice subtle mix of gold/coper blue and cobalt on his royal blue:)

Last edited by ao; 03-28-2012 at 02:08 AM.
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:32 AM   #2 
iceyrose

Have u checked the Ph of the tank? Neacco had an issue with his tank ph above 8.0 and had clouldy white snuff on his eyes plus stringy white sruff to which whent away after I changed his water and got the ph in the range of 7.0...
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:33 AM   #3 
iceyrose

it took around 6~7 days to fully clear up afterwards
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote