Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-28-2012, 03:35 PM   #1 
Pogthefish

Unhappy Artemis is blind (maybe)?

one of her eyes is cloudy and she responds to nothing on that side. The other one looks ok, but i suspect she may have mimited vision. She gets along ok in the taank, but she usually stays by the bottom, only coming up for food. The other girls dont pick on her, and i noticed her pick a fight with one earlier so i suspect now that shes in a bigger, cleaner tank, she's doing better.

So is there anything i should worry about? the other fish dont seem sick so i dont think its infection.
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 10:08 PM   #2 
Pataflafla

Is the clouding over her eyes a recent development or has it been like that for a while?

Also, how big is your tank, how often are you changing the water, how many fish are in the tank with her, and temperature?
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 04:32 PM   #3 
Pogthefish

i just got her ans she was like that wen i got her. Its been gitting better since I got her, and its a 30 gal. Is there anything i can do? she still doesnt respond on that side.
Old 03-29-2012, 05:04 PM   #4 
Pataflafla

Quarantine for now ina smaller container, one you can do 100% changes on easily.

Start off with 1 tsp/gal aquarium salt (Dissolve completely before adding her into this mixed water) and 100% daily water changes for a week.

This should clear up cloudy eyes. Sounds like she was in bad water for a while to cause the clouding. All the clean water you'll be giving her and the aquarium salt will help to clear her eyes quickly since the water conditions will be pristine.

After her eyes have cleared up, add her back into the regular tank after acclimating her to water without salt.
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 06:07 PM   #5 
Pogthefish

My water is already pristine and i already use salt. My hospital tank has a crack too :/

I think shes ok here.. and i dont wanna separate her from the sorority unless i have to. now that i looked at it more closely, it looks like a scar more.. umm like rauma? but idk rlly :/

Tags
blind, blindness, female, infection, sorority