Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-26-2012, 10:37 AM   #1 
MadameDesu

White Hair algae ... ick

Hello all,

Here's my algae story:
About 5 or 6 days after I first got Rosie, I noticed that her pineapple house was COVERED in little white hairs, which was totally nasty, so I took it out and scrubbed with a toothbrush and hot tap water. Since then, there haven't been any hairs, but I have noticed that when I do the water changes, the house, heater, and filter feel slimy. I scrub the pineapple every week and rinse all the ornaments in hot water to kill anything, but the slimy grossness always comes back.
Recently, my heater's been acting kinda weird, shutting off before it reaches the right temperature, having trouble staying above 78 degrees, etc.
I just toweled off the slimies on it, so I'm hoping that helps.
So maybe the slimies could be anything, but I noticed little white hairs floating around the tank, so I think this problem may not be solved just yet.

So how do I get rid of this grossness? Even Rosie is noticing that something's wrong because she keeps probing the outside of the pineapple, hahahaha.

- MadameDesu
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 08:12 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

I think that slimyness is normal - whenever I touch my underwater ornaments they also feel a little slimy.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 05:31 PM   #3 
MadameDesu

I think that may be the case. Rosie just seemed to be kind of angry with the outside of the pineapple for some reason, hahaha.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote