Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2012, 09:34 PM   #11 
LittleBettaFish

Haha not unless you want to help out on water change days and sleep in an empty 4ft tank.

Admittedly, it looks awful scaping wise and I managed to turn my hornwort to mush again. However, I have decided to plant hydrilla and hairgrass in each section as they seem fairly easy to keep alive and my ADA soil should give them plenty of nutrients.

I thought of leaving them bare-bottom but then it would look nicer as a main display as it is the first thing you see when you walk into our rumpus.
LittleBettaFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:01 PM   #12 
Bombalurina

BettasUSA: only come to Australia if you want to spend a million dollars on fish equipment that would cost $100 in the US. :p
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:23 PM   #13 
samual989

I know what u mean by carding but what will u use that will stay in place? I have a 20 converted with clear acrylic and was already wondering what I am gonna use.
samual989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 03:50 AM   #14 
LittleBettaFish

I was going to cut the front/back off black binder folders, cut a small hole in each corner and then superglue/silicone some small suction caps into each hole.

I think if I cut it correctly, it should slide in enough and fasten to the wall close enough that the males can't get behind it.

I was either going to do that, or using the same premise, make a moss wall and just suction cap it in.

My dripper spraybar seems to still be working well. Each section is as full as the others and the heat seems to distribute evenly. I think adding a sponge filter to each section will further help move everything around.

I was thinking about raising my light and growing plants riparium-style in the empty back area as something to help consume any excess nitrates and ammonia. Plus it looks a bit bare back there.
Old 04-10-2012, 03:15 PM   #15 
samual989

I like the live plant idea I will eventually have floating hyacinths in every divided spot of mine once I get a raised lighting or hung lighting system I will go led for sure though. What do u use for your lighting?
samual989 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 04:07 PM   #16 
LittleBettaFish

It's a 4ft 2x50 watt High Output fluorescent. Possible overkill but it does a good job of growing plants.

LEDs are way too expensive from a start-up point of view for my current budget. I looked at some LEDs and they were going to set me back at least $150 each.