Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2012, 03:32 PM   #11 
copperarabian

that's a great show, this is the start of the second season
copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:41 PM   #12 
BetterBetta

I loved tanked!:D My dad's gf (parents divorced) showed it to me and I was in love! My favorite parts were when they went to pick out the fish at that huuuge fish place (for lack of its real name :D). The only thing is that they didn't seem to cycle the tank for the customers, unless they used established filters/water etc. etc.
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 03:45 PM   #13 
LionCalie

Sometimes I question the tanks they make and how they stock them, but overall I enjoy the show.
LionCalie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:44 PM   #14 
finnfinnfriend

haha, well I don't watch live tv much so I've never heard of it before, and they made it seem like it was new to animal planet. But anyways I can't wait to see it!
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:33 PM   #15 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterBetta View Post
I loved tanked!:D My dad's gf (parents divorced) showed it to me and I was in love! My favorite parts were when they went to pick out the fish at that huuuge fish place (for lack of its real name :D). The only thing is that they didn't seem to cycle the tank for the customers, unless they used established filters/water etc. etc.
I thought the same thing when I first saw the show. When they make the really big aquariums that are parts of the walls or simply large, the aquariums are put together with an R/O system. So the tank water is constantly filtered to remove debrises and keep ammonia levels low. As long as the owner replaces the filters and membranes on time the fish should be fine.

Note: The link only goes to examples of R/O systems you can buy. If you want to know more, you can wiki reverse osmosis.
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:05 AM   #16 
Inga

Though I think some of it is cool. I have always been a "what is best for the fish" or animal type person. Sometimes, Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. I sometimes wonder how happy the fish are in the long term in some of those situations. Pinball machine comes to mind.
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:21 AM   #17 
SnowySurface

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
Though I think some of it is cool. I have always been a "what is best for the fish" or animal type person. Sometimes, Just because you CAN do something, doesn't mean you should. I sometimes wonder how happy the fish are in the long term in some of those situations. Pinball machine comes to mind.
True. But the only tank that bugged me was the skateboard ramp. The vibrations propably bother the fish more than a kid smacking the pinball machine (or the gum ball machine). Most of the tanks seemed fine to me if you turn the lights off at night. : /
SnowySurface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 10:36 AM   #18 
Laki

I think those tanks are awesome. The church one had me gawking. I do not like the tall cylinder tans because it doesn't seem ethical for the fish. There was a movie where the protagonist had tall cylinder tanks with jellyfish in them. That I wouldn't mind, bc jellyfish have no brains and only eat and kill :p

My bf and I always talk about having a wall aquarium (separating the kitchen from dining room or something) ^.^ I like the milktruck idea too, And years ago I saw a British telephone booth made into a tank.

As long as they're not overstocked and the owner takes care of the cleaning etc and the interestes of the fish are taken care of I like the idea :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:06 PM   #19 
Kerrilea

Naturally I find out about this show a few months after I get rid of cable (for Netflix ;p)

I probably didn't get the channel it came on anyways~ haha
Definitely going to scope the interwebs for it though.
Kerrilea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 07:12 PM   #20 
Pogthefish

looks interesting, never seen it, wish i had a tank like that :D
Pogthefish is offline   Reply With Quote