Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-29-2012, 09:34 PM   #1 
DoberMom

Sorority tank - new set up

So my last arrangement wasn't working. As some of you pointed out, the front of the tank was too open. I still didn't have money for decorations yet so I got creative. Please tell me what you think. I now have about 5 ghost shrimp and 7 betta females in my 29 gallon.

This was the old set up

This is the new set up

DoberMom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 09:51 PM   #2 
registereduser

I'm not sure the bottle with label is a good idea. The label will soak of and contaminate the water.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2012, 10:25 PM   #3 
Sena Hansler

although, it was creative :) lol. I do worry of the label too though, only because of the glue. what you could do, is pull out those ol' ceramic mugs, glass beer mugs, shot glasses...whatever you got! you can use those after cleaning thoroughly without soap =D also, terricota (erg sorry for spelling) pots work awesome.... avoid rubbermaid plastics, most plastics actually, and metals. gotta bowl? for giggles use that in there o_O it's a clear hidey hole xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:35 AM   #4 
DoberMom

Cool. Thank you guys for the pointers. My bf mentioned the label but I told him I'd let the experts be the judge. I guess he gets to say "I told you so." Anyway, I just really want this sorority to work.
Old 03-30-2012, 10:14 AM   #5 
Sena Hansler

hahaha!!! If you take the label off, it looks cool as the bottle itself :) have you cleaned the bottle out entirely (vinegar water)? hot hot water and equal amounts vinegar, if you didn't =D even helps dissolve the label. that label is pretty hard to get off haha
Old 03-30-2012, 11:37 AM   #6 
makoisland

Love the shell part. :3
makoisland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 01:03 PM   #7 
DoberMom

Thanks! Um I haven't done the vinegar thing but I did use ridiculously hot water. I think I'll peel all of the labels off and use it. Any idea if I could use printer paper with no ink on it to put inside of it, like a message in a bottle?
Old 03-30-2012, 01:28 PM   #8 
Sena Hansler

If you were to cap the bottle, yes. But paper will break down, and unlike natural bark or driftwood which also overtime rot/breakdown and should be replaced.... paper has chemicals, even not lined. Safe for small critters, not for aquatic critters :) plus it goes all gooey and icky ><

Hey, if you found glass clear bottles, with preferably plastic NOT metal caps (or coat the caps in aquarium safe paint!), sticka bottle with writing in it, secure the cap tightly, and that would be cool to see.
Old 03-30-2012, 01:36 PM   #9 
DoberMom

Not a bad idea!
Old 03-30-2012, 01:43 PM   #10 
Sena Hansler

xD I wish I could find glass bottles now hahaha. It would be cool =D