Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 04:50 AM   #1 
Belated

Question Persistent fungal infection?

Hi.
My HM boy has had a fungal infection for the last week or so that just won't go away. He's covered in a very thin layer of pale cottony fluff all over his body, which has been very slowly getting worse. He still eats like a champ and is as active as usual.

He's been in floating QT since last Tuesday. I tried 1tsp/gal of AQ salt for four days, but he just continued to get worse, so I switched to a fungal treatment from the local pet store for the last 3. It's a solution of 4mg/ml methylene blue, 2mg/ml acriflavine, and 0.4mg/ml malachite green. It was pretty much all the shop had, is it any good? Or should I buy a better fungal med when I'm back at home this week? Or back to AQ salt? Please help.

Suggestions? I am going back home over easter, so he'll be travelling with me for an hour or two, I'm a bit worried about the stress. :s Is there anything I can do to help him shake this?
Belated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 02:32 AM   #2 
Fabian

Try shining a light on him and see if it glitters.If it is i may be velvet.If it is not velvet try adding some more of the med, i do that too if a fish do not cure.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 07:34 AM   #3 
Belated

I've just realised I posted this is the wrong place. :s Must have clicked the wrong tab. Could it be moved to the disease forum, please, mods?

In reply to above, I'm fairly sure it's not velvet; he's covered in a thin, cottony fuzz.
Belated is offline   Reply With Quote