Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-22-2012, 03:16 AM   #1 
Karebear13

Dilemma/OPINIONS?

Okay so I am leaving school for spring break I will be gone about 10 days. I personally don't want to leave my fish at school because I feel like ten days is a long time to go without water changes (2.5 gallon and 3 gallon tank) and food. But I hate traveling with them cause I feel like it stresses them a lot and they would have to go home with me and then I would have to bring them back ten days later. I brought Benz to school with me and he was fine. Im scared though I hate stressing them out and Anani hasn't ever experienced being moved. I also wanted to monitor Benz cause he was acting funny not too long ago and he seems fine now but im just paranoid.

What do you guys think should I bring them both home with me or leave them here?
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:48 AM   #2 
MysticMuffin

I was in the same position as you last week. I brought mine home with me because I also did not want to leave them alone without food or water changes. I know what you been by the stress >.<

How long will your drive be? Mine was 2 hrs.
MysticMuffin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 03:54 AM   #3 
Karebear13

Im taking the train so its gonna be awhile. I need to take a bus to the train station which is about 30 minutes then the train is about 4 hours :( but there is about an hour in between that... I just want to keep them warm but I don't know how
Old 03-22-2012, 04:04 AM   #4 
MysticMuffin

Ah, I see. That's a long ride :< I took 2 home also. What I did is I got little packaging boxes and put them back in their cups. Then I surrounded the inside with bubble wrap and some black tissue paper. I've read you could put those heating pads, or pet heating pads. I wasn't able to get those though. You could probably hold them on your lap on the ride back, so the vibration hopefully won't be too bad :s Mine were put on the passenger seat surrounded by a pillow in the front and back, so I could seatbelt them in too xD
Old 03-22-2012, 04:14 AM   #5 
Karebear13

yeah I was planning on putting them back in their cups and putting them in the box with bubble just like you did. I was going to wrap them in foil to keep the water temperature from dropping... So that they can't see their reflection I was gonna first cover with napkins. I don't know if I can find the heating pads in time
Old 03-22-2012, 04:18 AM   #6 
MysticMuffin

Oh, yeah I also put foil xD Well maybe you can also wrap them in a towel if you can to also retain heat.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:24 AM   #7 
Karebear13

Yeah I have this therapeutic heat thing that I use for my headaches lol... but if I microwave it, it heats up and stays warm for a long time so I was thinking of putting it in the box to somewhere not too close cause I don't want it to overheat but if its safe for my head it must be okay for them, plus I think the train has a microwave so I could always re heat it if it gets cold again.
Old 03-22-2012, 04:28 AM   #8 
MysticMuffin

Oh, then that'll be handy =] Well if you close the boxes, maybe you can lay it on the top and the heat can go through? Or maybe you can layer the top with foil, then place it on top. Maybe also put a thermometer in there so you can see how warm the box is getting.
Old 03-22-2012, 01:02 PM   #9 
Karebear13

Yeah good idea hope all goes well. Im so nervous! My first betta used to travel with me everywhere but he was so hardy! Benzema is so delicate and I don't really know about Anani but he freaks out is his cup
Old 03-22-2012, 01:18 PM   #10 
MysticMuffin

I hope everything goes well too! My VT has traveled back and forth with me a few times already for holidays and so far he's done pretty well with the traveling. The first time he got really pale, but over time I've improved his traveling box and this last time he was fine, wasn't too pale or anything. I was worried about my little CT though since it was his first time traveling home with me, but he did pretty good too =]