well. My girls will ahve room to grow
My 29 has a huge crack, had to do an emergency move and put them into a 10 gallon crammed with almost everything from the 29. I lost my fish in there.
I am getting 4 new gals today, fresh shipment as of today, bigger, colorful, awesome! (Or I could get ONE DT but...25.00 for an unknown DT? nah). They'll need to move to the 40 day after I set it up because I worry for them in the 10.... 4 gals in the 10, 2 are dominance set, and Zebra already went senile once and put Tina in the other 10 gallon hospital tank
1. So.... filter media... should I just swish some about from my healthy 20's? And put one or two from the 20's in? There's never been a disease in either 20, both are filtered and are patrolled by male bettas
I'll be using the filter from the 29 (which is a 20-40 filter), since it's just the tank I'm getting (for 50.00).
2. Water Changes. Um.... there's going to be 4 fish. Until Tina heals, then it's 5, and then the 4 girls after their 2 week quarantine, so 9. IN A 40 GALLON x.x So...25% as per usual?
I use a 3 gallon bucket.
3. Other critters. Gimme ideas. Nothing top swimming. D: I want to be able to look in and see fish not... -looks- .... .... .... FOUND ONE!!
4. I'll be getting live plants, and testing plants from the lake and such. I might even see if shrimp from the lake could live...though it is a long shot
I'll be floating most if anything. Could the soil from the lake be okay? rarely do you ever find anything like oil in there, because we have swans, geese, otters, etc. We do get leaches though. Could I set up a tank to have the soil in, and test the water frequently maybe? Or just ditch the idea?
Live plants will be put in a separate tank as well.
5. I trusted the table with a 29, a 10 and a 1. I don't trust it with a 40!! It's Ikea. xD What if... I chopped the legs shorter. Would this in turn make it sturdier, or should I take the legs off, put cinder blocks under the table itself, including center and sides, and make it sturdier that way? I want it off the floor