Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 07:53 PM   #101 
finnfinnfriend

As for fish stories.... When I was twelve I had two comet goldfish in a half gallon bowl -.- that was about ten years ago.....
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:55 PM   #102 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
Chocolatebetta lol, they weren't talking to you, they were talking to eachother...

I have friends btw finn lol.
Again, I am just a loser. I'm sorry for saying that....
Old 08-29-2012, 07:57 PM   #103 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Can I ask you one more question? How do you do the water changes with your back problem? I have trouble lifting the bucket when I do 50% changes on my little 5 gallon -.-
Even though it hurts my back I carry it to the front and pour it on the garden so my 20 foot pumpkin can grow. Also i am a mosquito magnet so yeah a lot of itchy bites. But a pet store I asked why the Fiddler Crab in Freshwater he said he acclimated them they only live a few weeks in freshwater and in brackish a year or two. Also I fill the bucket half way and use both hands and stretch after words. An example of fish of Bettas is Teddy Tank made by a bowl keeper and lawyer not fish person the website said he researched law also the care guide has every myth there is I mean feed every three weeks.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 08-29-2012 at 08:02 PM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #104 
teeneythebetta

Four years ago when I was 11 I had a male betta in a 1/2 gal container.. Gosh so irresponsible! Unheated.. Once daily fed flakes... 100% water change once a week, NO WATER CONDITIONER somehow he lived 9 months. gosh this is embaressing!!

Got a second and after it died two days later that I realized i needed water conditioner! My third lived for about a year and after that I gave up!
Then was at Walmart 4 months ago, pestered my parents... Brought her home in a 2.5 gal tank... Found this forum through yahoo answers... Shortly after got a 10 gal tank and a heater..

There's my story
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:02 PM   #105 
finnfinnfriend

That's amazing that he lived for nine months with no water conditioner!
Old 08-29-2012, 08:03 PM   #106 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Four years ago when I was 11 I had a male betta in a 1/2 gal container.. Gosh so irresponsible! Unheated.. Once daily fed flakes... 100% water change once a week, NO WATER CONDITIONER somehow he lived 9 months. gosh this is embaressing!!

Got a second and after it died two days later that I realized i needed water conditioner! My third lived for about a year and after that I gave up!
Then was at Walmart 4 months ago, pestered my parents... Brought her home in a 2.5 gal tank... Found this forum through yahoo answers... Shortly after got a 10 gal tank and a heater..

There's my story
It is okay we all were ignorant of Bettas at one time or another. Also pet store "Betta Keepers" are not for Bettas rule of thumb Any tank with the word Betta on it is useless i bought a half gallon Betta keepers and put an inch of Peat moss and planted moss in it and the moss is thriving.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 08-29-2012 at 08:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:05 PM   #107 
teeneythebetta

Quote:
That's amazing that he lived for nine months with no water conditioner!
Yeah I got him in September and he died in June. I heard they increase the level of chlorine in tap water in summer because more gross stuff wants into our water supply so I think it became too much. Poor guy :(
I feel awful for doing that to those poor things.
teeneythebetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:06 PM   #108 
ZergyMonster

Quote:
Again, I am just a loser. I'm sorry for saying that....
You are not a loser you just need to think before you say something that can be seen as hurtful. Regardless we should return to the main point of this thread.

I have not had to be a part of a betta horror story, thankfully, every time that my friends need help with fish I am the person they come to. I have been researching and looking for answers about everything for about 8 months now I find my knowledge is vast but there is still much to learn. I give people plenty of reading material and give them incentive to do their own research as well.

Keeping the owner of a pet interested in their pet allows for ownership to be much more fulfilling.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 08:09 PM   #109 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Bettas can live a while in abuse like 3 years in a bowl we all know they live longer healthier lives in warm tanks my my Betta lived in a 1.5 unheated then took down my ten then added a heater for a few months he swapped tanks now he is in a heated 10 gallon with varied diet.
Old 08-29-2012, 08:12 PM   #110 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by teeneythebetta View Post
Yeah I got him in September and he died in June. I heard they increase the level of chlorine in tap water in summer because more gross stuff wants into our water supply so I think it became too much. Poor guy :(
I feel awful for doing that to those poor things.
Oh don't feel bad. You make lots of animals happy now and that more than makes up for it :).

I had those two comets in a half gallon and now I have one betta in a 5 gallon!

At the same time as the comets I had a Syrian hamster in a cage that was one cubic foot. Now I have one in a 30 gallon bin cage! We animal lovers learn quickly ;).