Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #131 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Yeah it is okay to eat fish not BETTA fish but our Bettas eat fish have a few other reasons for not eating fish but these people were getting fish for there freshwater tank and they almost bought FIDDLER CRABS I informed them they only live a few weeks in freshwater and they did not buy them I do not work there but everyone who does sees me as a fish expert.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 08-29-2012 at 09:21 PM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #132 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
I' sorry but I love fish, as in a nomming way lol. Also I love sushi! And no I am not Asian lol.
LOL well it's okay to eat fish! I think cows are beautiful creatures but I still loooove steak, burgers, and tri-tip.

I like sushi too, but only rolls with shrimp and/or crab in them...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #133 
finnfinnfriend

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Yeah it is okay to eat fish not BETTA fish but our Bettas eat fish have a few other reasons for not eating fish but these people were getting fish for there freshwater tank and they almost bought FIDDLER CRABS I informed them they only live a few weeks in freshwater and they did not buy them I do not work there but everyone who does sees me as a fish expert.
Thats ridiculous why keep fiddler crabs in fresh water when it is basically a death sentence?
Old 08-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #134 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Thats ridiculous why keep fiddler crabs in fresh water when it is basically a death sentence?
Yeah I know but I saved those crabs now let us hope the pet store builds a brackish tanks. It annoys me when someone is like Bowls are okay my Betta lived in it a year what they do not know is in a big tank with a varied diet they can live for 7-8 years and 10 is not unheard of.
Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #135 
Aus

I think the majority of people reading and posting on this forum are seeking information, and to share the joys (and sorrows) of fishkeeping. This is a very different thing to keeping a string of doomed goldies or bettas in too-small, uncared for bowls and never once questioning WHY they go fuzzy and die.

Let alone defending their fishkeeping practises.. This is what I mean when I say ignorance needs to be shamed sometimes.

Yes, we all make mistakes - gosh, I've made a few . And here we all are, interacting with each other, sharing knowledge, asking questions. To me, that's a very positive thing and even if people are still learning, maybe brand spanking new to fish in general and very overwhelmed (been there..) they are HERE. Yay. =)
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #136 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I think the majority of people reading and posting on this forum are seeking information, and to share the joys (and sorrows) of fishkeeping. This is a very different thing to keeping a string of doomed goldies or bettas in too-small, uncared for bowls and never once questioning WHY they go fuzzy and die.

Let alone defending their fishkeeping practises.. This is what I mean when I say ignorance needs to be shamed sometimes.

Yes, we all make mistakes - gosh, I've made a few . And here we all are, interacting with each other, sharing knowledge, asking questions. To me, that's a very positive thing and even if people are still learning, maybe brand spanking new to fish in general and very overwhelmed (been there..) they are HERE. Yay. =)
Yes I made my Betta mistakes we all make aquarium mistakes at one point.
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #137 
finnfinnfriend

Yeah, this is really a great place. I enjoy conversing here. :)
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #138 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Yeah, this is really a great place. I enjoy conversing here. :)
Yes so hard to find people who know about fish and care about Fish.
Old 08-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #139 
dramaqueen
Banned

Wow, what a thread. I'm glad you guys stopped snapping at each other. I don't want to have to close the thread or send out pm's. :)I was at Petsmart the other day and a family of 3 or 4 were going out the door after buying a fish. It was in a bag so I don't know what kind it was, maybe a goldfish. A kid about 5 or 6 was holding the bag and as soon as they got out the door the kid DROPPED the bag! I was like OMG that fish is probably gonna be dead by the time they get home.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #140 
ChoclateBetta
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Wow, what a thread. I'm glad you guys stopped snapping at each other. I don't want to have to close the thread or send out pm's. :)I was at Petsmart the other day and a family of 3 or 4 were going out the door after buying a fish. It was in a bag so I don't know what kind it was, maybe a goldfish. A kid about 5 or 6 was holding the bag and as soon as they got out the door the kid DROPPED the bag! I was like OMG that fish is probably gonna be dead by the time they get home.
Poor fishes I blame the parents they should of held the bag not a toddler rule of thumb most Betta supplies with the word Betta on them are useless like Betta bowls. Few people respect fish today I blame sushi.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 08-30-2012 at 02:00 AM.