Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 08-29-2012, 09:15 PM   #131 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Yeah it is okay to eat fish not BETTA fish but our Bettas eat fish have a few other reasons for not eating fish but these people were getting fish for there freshwater tank and they almost bought FIDDLER CRABS I informed them they only live a few weeks in freshwater and they did not buy them I do not work there but everyone who does sees me as a fish expert.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 08-29-2012 at 09:21 PM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:32 PM   #132 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by kfryman View Post
I' sorry but I love fish, as in a nomming way lol. Also I love sushi! And no I am not Asian lol.
LOL well it's okay to eat fish! I think cows are beautiful creatures but I still loooove steak, burgers, and tri-tip.

I like sushi too, but only rolls with shrimp and/or crab in them...
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:33 PM   #133 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChoclateBetta View Post
Yeah it is okay to eat fish not BETTA fish but our Bettas eat fish have a few other reasons for not eating fish but these people were getting fish for there freshwater tank and they almost bought FIDDLER CRABS I informed them they only live a few weeks in freshwater and they did not buy them I do not work there but everyone who does sees me as a fish expert.
Thats ridiculous why keep fiddler crabs in fresh water when it is basically a death sentence?
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 09:39 PM   #134 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Thats ridiculous why keep fiddler crabs in fresh water when it is basically a death sentence?
Yeah I know but I saved those crabs now let us hope the pet store builds a brackish tanks. It annoys me when someone is like Bowls are okay my Betta lived in it a year what they do not know is in a big tank with a varied diet they can live for 7-8 years and 10 is not unheard of.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 10:54 PM   #135 
Aus
Member
 
Aus's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Australia!
I think the majority of people reading and posting on this forum are seeking information, and to share the joys (and sorrows) of fishkeeping. This is a very different thing to keeping a string of doomed goldies or bettas in too-small, uncared for bowls and never once questioning WHY they go fuzzy and die.

Let alone defending their fishkeeping practises.. This is what I mean when I say ignorance needs to be shamed sometimes.

Yes, we all make mistakes - gosh, I've made a few . And here we all are, interacting with each other, sharing knowledge, asking questions. To me, that's a very positive thing and even if people are still learning, maybe brand spanking new to fish in general and very overwhelmed (been there..) they are HERE. Yay. =)
Aus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:04 PM   #136 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aus View Post
I think the majority of people reading and posting on this forum are seeking information, and to share the joys (and sorrows) of fishkeeping. This is a very different thing to keeping a string of doomed goldies or bettas in too-small, uncared for bowls and never once questioning WHY they go fuzzy and die.

Let alone defending their fishkeeping practises.. This is what I mean when I say ignorance needs to be shamed sometimes.

Yes, we all make mistakes - gosh, I've made a few . And here we all are, interacting with each other, sharing knowledge, asking questions. To me, that's a very positive thing and even if people are still learning, maybe brand spanking new to fish in general and very overwhelmed (been there..) they are HERE. Yay. =)
Yes I made my Betta mistakes we all make aquarium mistakes at one point.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:20 AM   #137 
finnfinnfriend
Member
 
finnfinnfriend's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: California
Yeah, this is really a great place. I enjoy conversing here. :)
finnfinnfriend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 12:32 AM   #138 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by finnfinnfriend View Post
Yeah, this is really a great place. I enjoy conversing here. :)
Yes so hard to find people who know about fish and care about Fish.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:20 AM   #139 
dramaqueen
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: Central Texas
Wow, what a thread. I'm glad you guys stopped snapping at each other. I don't want to have to close the thread or send out pm's. :)I was at Petsmart the other day and a family of 3 or 4 were going out the door after buying a fish. It was in a bag so I don't know what kind it was, maybe a goldfish. A kid about 5 or 6 was holding the bag and as soon as they got out the door the kid DROPPED the bag! I was like OMG that fish is probably gonna be dead by the time they get home.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2012, 01:50 AM   #140 
ChoclateBetta
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: Virginia
Quote:
Originally Posted by dramaqueen View Post
Wow, what a thread. I'm glad you guys stopped snapping at each other. I don't want to have to close the thread or send out pm's. :)I was at Petsmart the other day and a family of 3 or 4 were going out the door after buying a fish. It was in a bag so I don't know what kind it was, maybe a goldfish. A kid about 5 or 6 was holding the bag and as soon as they got out the door the kid DROPPED the bag! I was like OMG that fish is probably gonna be dead by the time they get home.
Poor fishes I blame the parents they should of held the bag not a toddler rule of thumb most Betta supplies with the word Betta on them are useless like Betta bowls. Few people respect fish today I blame sushi.

Last edited by ChoclateBetta; 08-30-2012 at 02:00 AM.
ChoclateBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
*facepalm* fishman12 Betta Chat 6 07-15-2011 08:40 AM
Facepalm...WHY!! MrVampire181 Betta Pictures 6 02-05-2011 12:13 PM
*facepalm* Fish store workers... Tragedy Betta Fish Care 10 02-08-2010 09:51 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.