Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Breeding Betta Fish
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2012, 01:55 PM   #1 
maxw47

Arrow new to bettas

So I have bred platies for a while now and was thinking that it was time to try something new. Breeding bettas really popped out at me. I did some research on procedures, picking the stock, etc. All that I want is some helpful tips on how to get started, some tips, product recommendations, really anything that will get me started on the right foot. Thanks!
maxw47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:18 PM   #2 
Oldfishlady

I would recommend that you read all the sticky on here in the breeding section and read through some of the spawn logs and question regarding breeding and rearing fry...then get a couple of cultures and practice growing them to make sure you can get good cultures going for the fry food.....then ask questions on what you don't understand......a lot more to breeding/spawning egg layers and often that can be the easy part....rearing the fry is what can get tricky sometimes......
Oldfishlady is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:35 PM   #3 
PhilipPhish

Like Oldfishlady said, check out all the stickies on the forum.

If you still have questions, you can come back to this particular topic you made and ask them! All of us here have some sort of experience with bettas and would be more than happy to help you!
PhilipPhish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 02:58 PM   #4 
maxw47

Thanks guys! I guess I should have looked at the stickies first. Ill take. Look at them and ask any questions I have.
Posted via Mobile Device
maxw47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2012, 03:28 PM   #5 
betta lover1507

betta fry are different from platy fry, they need special foods, warmth, etc. but good luck
betta lover1507 is offline   Reply With Quote