Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2012, 11:05 AM   #1 
loobylou

Opinions on this tank please

Hi I bought this double hexagon tank 2nd hand at a bragain price and iv made a homemade divider using plastic craft mesh stuff and cutting a hole in each corner and pushing a sucker through, iv then attatched them on both ends of the tunnels so that the boys cant really see each other. Iv never divided a tank before so I thought Id ask for your opinions on if you think it will work? Is it safe? If not Ill just open it up so my guy has the run of both tanks :)

not brilliant pics as taken on my phone
loobylou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:11 AM   #2 
kfryman

Wow that is a cool setup, I thought you divided one of those but then I saw the pictures. I think it is a good idea. You only need one heater, which you can cut a hole in one of the mesh, and have a filter on each side.

I guess you will have to gravel vacuum both sides still.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:16 AM   #3 
loobylou

I have a heater in one side and a filter in the other, temp is the same either side, i saw the tank on ebay and it was 1min down the road from me, fate? and I thought I could add to my betta collection, do you think it will need another filter? I was a little worried that the suckers might come off so im keeping an eye on it for now
loobylou is offline   Reply With Quote