Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #31 
CasperandSunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Hows he doing today? Any improvement?
He is doing much better now. Here is what I did.
Washed his tank and everything going inside it really well with lots of HOT water. Bought the black gravels, added about a dozen of those glass rocks, but they are the red ones and don't reflect like the clear ones. I bought stuff for Stress Coat, something that conditions the water and balances the ph, aqua salt, I added the proper dosage for his tank size of each plus added the stuff to take out chlorine and ammonia. Made sure he was as warm as I could keep him without the heater so far. He has not buried himself, he doesn't do the diving thing and then roll over on the bottom, no side laying. His breathing is still a little hard to me, but it is nothing like it was. He hasn't been eating as much as the first two days I had him, but I guess hes just getting over what ever was wrong. I will let you know more soon. Thanks.
CasperandSunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:12 PM   #32 
CasperandSunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasperandSunny View Post
He is doing much better now. Here is what I did.
Washed his tank and everything going inside it really well with lots of HOT water. Bought the black gravels, added about a dozen of those glass rocks, but they are the red ones and don't reflect like the clear ones. I bought stuff for Stress Coat, something that conditions the water and balances the ph, aqua salt, I added the proper dosage for his tank size of each plus added the stuff to take out chlorine and ammonia. Made sure he was as warm as I could keep him without the heater so far. He has not buried himself, he doesn't do the diving thing and then roll over on the bottom, no side laying. His breathing is still a little hard to me, but it is nothing like it was. He hasn't been eating as much as the first two days I had him, but I guess hes just getting over what ever was wrong. I will let you know more soon. Thanks.
I renamed him Mario. :D
Old 04-02-2012, 03:57 PM   #33 
lvandert

awws good to hear!
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:01 PM   #34 
blueboy

That's good!
blueboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:04 AM   #35 
aurasoulful

Glad he's feeling better! Keep us posted :)
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 04:26 AM   #36 
Tikibirds

Quote:
All you really need is Stress Coat, it will help fins and such heal but it is also a water conditioner - it will remove chlorine and heavy metals. I'm not sure about ammonia. Also, you don't have to worry too much about the Ph, most bettas will adapt to whatever it is you have. The important thing is keeping it stable - either high or low and not letting it fluctuate.

It's possible the bubbles were stressing him out or the goldfish may of caused an ammonia spike - -they are dirty little fish and a 1 gallon with a goldfish which is a cold water fish mixed with a betta who is a tropical fish may of been a bit much.

If you are using AQ salt - do not use if for more then 20 or so days. It may cause internal damage.

2 water changes a week for water qualty. One 100% and one 50%.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:08 PM   #37 
CasperandSunny

Poor little buddy past away yesterday morning. I am not sure what it was that killed him. I don't think it was stress because he wasn't showing the stress lines that my moms betta fish show. I took him back to Pet Supply Plus and they let me get another one. This one seems to be very healthy. He swims great, eats and looks happy. This little guy just didn't look happy anymore in the days before he died. I was pretty upset about it still, he was such a pretty little guy. This one is in a separate tank, all by himself, seems to be happy. Thanks for all the help everyone.
Old 04-05-2012, 06:41 PM   #38 
aurasoulful

I'm sorry he didn't make it </3
aurasoulful is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:55 PM   #39 
lvandert

Ohh I'm sorry to hear that. I'm happy to hear you got a new one, though. As for the help its not a problem, its kinda what we're here for
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:47 PM   #40 
CasperandSunny

Thanks. The new one is doing great, he seems very happy. I don't have a name yet. Kinda unsure right now. Any suggestions? Do you guys have any idea what I can do at night for the water temp? It stays and a nice 73/75 all day long, but at night it sometimes drops to 70, depending on the temp outside. Should I even worry about the difference?

Tags
ick, shock, sick, stress