Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2012, 07:35 PM   #11 
Pitluvs

Fast for a day or two, and if it doesn't work... you can start by adding 1tsp of epsom salt per gallon of treated water and slowly switch her over to it. If that doesn't work after 5 days, I would up her dose to 2-3 tsp per gallon. But seeing as she was fine, and is now floating (and unable to leave the top of the water) fasting or 1 tsp of epsom salt should work for her :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:10 AM   #12 
MaisyDawgThirteen

Make sure the epsom salt is the un-scented kind. ;)
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:30 AM   #13 
kimnoa

LOL !! Cute girl you have there ^_^ Hope she'll have a speedy recovery.. Anyway same thing happend to me a while ago. I went to a petshop and told myself not to buy any more bettas and just get water conditioners. I have 6 CTs 3male 3female, and 2 VT's 1male and 1female. But when i went outside i got my handsome Delta Plakat, and now i'm looking for a Female Delta Plakat hehehe. He's housed in my 1/2G tank for now and i ordered a 2.5G aquarium for his new home. I hope i can control myself next time cause i'm running out of place for my aquariums LOL! Here's his pic

kimnoa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:55 AM   #14 
KappaTheImp

He's gorgeous!

My girl is still floaty. It seems like it isn't really bothering her. If a fish can be annoyed, that's how she's feeling. If she's still like that tonight I'll start her on epsom salt.
KappaTheImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:08 PM   #15 
KappaTheImp

Gosh, what a spunky little girl. Definitely got a swim bladder problem. She floats on her side most of the time, but has plenty of energy to chase my finger across the tank. I hope she gets better soon, I'm really worried. I don't think I over-fed her, I only gave her a single pellet after I got her home. Maybe she was overfed at the store. Would I be able to tell if she were egg bound?
Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #16 
Jessicatm137

I hope she gets better.
Jessicatm137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 06:18 PM   #17 
kfryman

Kimnoa that isn't a plakat, it is just a regular delta. Plakats are short tail, that is just a younger male.

She may have swim bladder, I would start the epsom salt, uncolored and invented at 1 tsp a gallon. Fasting her as well.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:04 PM   #18 
ANHEL123

If you can pre-mix salt in 1 gall jug for for the right dosage. Make sure you shake well to dissolve the salt before you use it. And you need to do 100% daily water changes:)

ANHEL123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 07:20 AM   #19 
KappaTheImp

Happy to say that the little miss is back to normal, and has pried her butt off the surface. She's swimming normally, thank goodness. I never did see any fish poo, so I guess she WAS all bloated with eggs. Either way, whew. Glad that's over.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:33 AM   #20 
KappaTheImp

Uh, may have spoken too soon. She's floating and bloated again. I didn't even feed her yet. I'm so confused about what is going on with this fish. She seems really interested in the surface, and she's blowing bubbles and then biting them. Maybe I should go post in the diseases subforum.