Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2012, 12:03 AM   #11 
BetterBetta

Oh my goodness I see it already... Well maybe not on such a large scale xD I've recently gotten into Saltwater, but the Betta Bug becomes fresh as always when I have just a peek at them... Haha my sister is so mad at me because I share a room with her until my brother goes to college, and I have 3 tanks... Wait til I get my own room, good lord :D
I see it already... 10 Gal divided 3 ways, 1.5G, 3.5G.... 29 GALLON:D BAM sorority. :D

In the summer I had my hand at an outdoor spawn, after conditioning them with bloodworms and mosquito larvae. My female is fiesty, and shredded my male's fins... There was no way she was going to get submissive. I feel like that was a blessing in disguise though. It's a big commitment to breed, and I honestly don't think I was ready for it! I had the supplies, but time was an issue.
Still, props to you Mr V for being 15 and breeding successfully! That's seriously awesome!
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:09 AM   #12 
MrVampire181

I started with one 10 gallon and a few 16 gallon tubs... now... yikes I don't want to even count my tanks lol.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:12 AM   #13 
Tikibirds

That's awsome. I never did that with fish but when I overheard a petco employee telling some lady that a chinchilla will die if you ever touch it, I just HAD to correct her. Seeing how I own and breed them and all...But I'm not a kid. I'm 32
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 12:18 AM   #14 
BetterBetta

Hahah Mr V it just grows like wildfire! And I know I watched some of your vids on Youtube... Holy cow o.o Lol good job!

Tikibirds, why the sad face after 32? I'm pretty sure half of these people on the forum are older, and I feel like the betta bug is just now starting to effect younger kids/teens/people lol. You tell the Petco employee! Hahah Chinchillas are soo cute! That's awesome you corrected her. Even if she had seemed offended at the moment, it's a piece of information that she'll (hopefully) remember and not tell customers anymore!
BetterBetta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:43 AM   #15 
Fabian

Quote:
I remember being 13 with a few bettas.... now I'm 15 with hundreds lol!
Nice, i am 15 too and now i only have one successful fry.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:01 AM   #16 
Bombalurina

I am so jealous of you three younglings! (MrV, Fabian and BetterBettas). You have done so many awesome things, aquatically speaking, at such a young age! Lots of points to you. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 02:11 AM   #17 
Betta16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bombalurina View Post
I feel massively old saying this (I'm only 21, lol), but people like you give me hope for the "youth of today" all over again. Excellent job. :)
Im 25 and i agree with you. wish more people could be like the youths on this forum.
Betta16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:06 AM   #18 
Tikibirds

Quote:
Tikibirds, why the sad face after 32? I'm pretty sure half of these people on the forum are older, and I feel like the betta bug is just now starting to effect younger kids/teens/people lol.
I don't like getting old or the invading army of grey hairs.

All the fish we had when I was in high school never did too well so I never was interested when I was a teen. Of course my mother never had the right equipment - were talking 3 goldfish in a 2 gallon tank type of stuff.
I do remember when I was real little she had a 10G with a bunch of tropical fish but they never lasted long. No idea what kinds they were but some were small - tetras I think and one was a big cream colored one and I have NO IDEA what he was.
It's nice to see so many young people on here that have looked into the fish's care whereas many adults do not.

Last edited by Tikibirds; 03-31-2012 at 03:12 AM.
Tikibirds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:51 AM   #19 
lvandert

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fabian View Post
Nice, i am 15 too and now i only have one successful fry.
I'm 21 and have only had ONE fry come out alive...lol don't feel bad. I'm working on try 4 and getting try 5 whipped into health as a back up
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:56 AM   #20 
registereduser

Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterBetta View Post
and OHMYGOODNESS they had beautiful big-eared plakats at Petco today.. Just saying. (: Does anyone know if it causes the bettas any problems with the big pectorals?
<<<<<<Phillip has no problem with his big "ears". He swims fast and is always active.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote