Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Care
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2012, 01:21 PM   #1 
KellyL

First time Betta owner needs a bit of reassurance!

This is my first ever tropical fish, I did research before I bought anything but turns out what I read wast 100% accurate.

Anyway since I got him he has had this brown coloring on his back, panicking I thought it might be velvet (it isnt) I have no clue what it is so decided it must be normal, then I began to notice he has like a gold/silver patch under what can only be called his chin! not flaky bits (like velvet) but his actual scales and one of his little swim fins has started to turn a bit gold/silver too!?
I'm also concerned because his face has what looks like green blotches on it? Im worried it could be some kind of fungal infection?

He's pink/purple/orange depending what light you look in with of course the brown bit on his back. When I found this site I noticed that the red fish on the "Register at bettafish.com" ad had the same 'green' face blotches - I took a screenshot because I'm guessing none of you have seen it in a while! I have also added a pic of my Sam sorry for the quality of the pic, I couldn't get a better one!!

Please could you help put my mind at ease? Or diagnose Sam?

Thank you!!! x
Attached Images

KellyL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:32 PM   #2 
ZergyMonster

He looks healthy to me.
ZergyMonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 01:34 PM   #3 
lvandert

He looks fine. It's just a color change, or colors you never noticed before.
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 07:54 PM   #4 
Bombalurina

I agree - he doesn't look sick. :) Bettas do change colour as they adjust to their new environments or age.
Keep an eye on his behaviour. Lethargy, scratching himself against things, lack of appetite etc are all indicators of sickness. Don't worry too much if he isn't displaying these behaviours.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote