Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > The Lounge
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-31-2012, 07:55 PM   #1 
karpediem

Anyone went to see the hunger games ??

I went to see that movie yesterday with the whole family, i though it was ok. I though it will have more actions but i did like the story line. Few of my relatives want to go back and see it again but no more for me.
Did anyone saw that movie ?? Did you like it or did not like it ??
karpediem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:09 PM   #2 
registereduser

I would like to read the books first, then see the movie but not until it comes out on video.
registereduser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 08:20 PM   #3 
djembekah

i loved it. so close to the book. i adored it. and cried at parts.
djembekah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:34 PM   #4 
Pewmew

I loved it, I never read the book. I went to watch the movie only knowing what's from the trailer (: pleasant surprise! Maybe I will read the book when hosp rotation starts
Pewmew is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:22 PM   #5 
Sheldon31

I am a massive fan of Asian cinema and after seeing Battle Royale I loved it! Then I heard about this film. It sounds almost identical in storyline as Battle Royale which is a satirical piece of art, not for the faint hearted and definitely not a PG13 or a 12A as we call it in the UK. I might watch it when it comes to DVD, but I think it will be one massive teenage headache.
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:20 PM   #6 
MaisyDawgThirteen

I read the series and I've seen the movie twice (within two days after it'd came out. :P). My favourite book in the series is Mockingjay.
MaisyDawgThirteen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:04 PM   #7 
Kerrilea

I read the books first, and was very satisfied with the book to movie conversion.
A bit of stuff I deemed kinda important was left out, but you can't include everything.

Saw it opening day;; totally cried.
Then saw it three days later for date night. Boyfriend finished the second book earlier tonight.
Muahaha, I have converted him good 'n proper!

I need to read the books again <3
Kerrilea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:35 PM   #8 
Laki

Had no idea what it was about until my sister told me. And the day it opened my bf and I went to see it with my sister and her bf. (thumbs up for double dates!!)

I loved the movie. BAWLED my eyes out!! But I cry at the mere mention of things, I'm so emotional!!

I would like to read the books now :) But I'd say it's written for a younger audience, I migth not enjoy it as much. What's the writing style like?
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 05:59 AM   #9 
Duncan13

Yes! It was amazing! One of the few movies IMO that are as good as the books were!
Duncan13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:59 PM   #10 
vilmarisv

Very good movie if you're not to copare it to the books.
I think a lot of people were expecting more violence but I liked that they gave the idea of violence instead to keep it PG13. It is based on a YA book so why would it be gruesome?
I decided to go to the midnight show at the last minute because I was off the next day and didn't have any plans for the night. What a mistake! I had to endure the 100s of girls around me screaming for Peeta. UGH! That just tells you that the really haven't read the series and you don't understand it. He's not the guy to root for! I appreciated that they showed why on the first movie... anyone got that? I don't want to spoil the books for other people :)
Overall, I enjoy any book I've read that is made into film because I feel very conected to the characters.
City of Ember might've not being the best movie but I enjoyed it a lot after reading the books. And The Host is coming in 2013!! They have picked an awesome cast and I'm really looking forward to it. Has anyone seen the pics on imdb.com? The seeker is perfect... she creeps me out LOL!
vilmarisv is offline   Reply With Quote