Betta Fish Forum banner

What kind of Betta is Xan?

809 views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  Jessicatm137 
#1 · (Edited)
Flynn ate himself to death about a week ago (ate the mystery snail's algae wafer, came home and his belly was burst open) So after some waiting I decided to get a 10 gallon for my guppies (new) and snail and keep the 5 gallon for Betta ONLY. I dont want another repeat, its a shame, Flynn was the most awesome Betta ever, both in color and personality. :(

So here is Xan (with a 5 gallon ALL to himself, no roomies for him!) What kind is he besides a "double tail"?

Sorry for the poor quality but he is so zippy and hard to catch still!

See less See more
#12 · (Edited)
'Red Devil' sounds more like someones personal betta colour strain name for breeding lol. Not an official colour. I'd just say multicolour. I dunno if it would quite count as butterfly because the red on his fins isnt wide enough, I don't think. He's beautiful though! :)

http://bettysplendens.com/articles/page.imp?articleid=971

#13 ·
Wow I had just made a comment about him on other picture but his colors sure do pop out in these and show how truly beautiful he is. I want one so bad. My all color ones are pretty but I have seen some amazing colors on this site. Never knew fish could be so awesome looking.

#14 · (Edited)
I got him Thursday.

Saw him at petco and was like wow, he's sure is different... I had come in to get guppies after Flynn died but ended up getting Xan, Guppies and a 10 gallon tank (for guppies). Now I have both on my desk and can watch them both when im studying or on the laptop (get put away when im not on it, JUST in case there were ever a leak...).

How long did it take your betta to start following your finger and being interested in YOU. Flynn would come to the glass when i walked in the room and follow my finger against the glass from the get-go. Xan hides when I peak in on him and just stares from under his plant at me... :p

#16 ·
Not sure of his coloring but he is gorgeous!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.