Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2012, 07:45 AM   #11 
Laki

I wouldn't automatically go with a "professional" either. There was an operational comp,any here for a few years, the workers were not really screened. My cousin worked with them - this is how I know.

In November 2011 a lady responsible for 2 cats for someone ended up losing the cats, killing them or letting them die and lying to police. Nobody still knows exactly what happened to the cats. They're definitely dead but nobody knows where the bodies are. She was slapped on the wrist for lying to police but since there was no bodies, she got let off. People like this walk my streets and yours.

You want to be in total control of who comes into your home while your away. Some strangers are just not fit...

***edit, I'm SO glad your pets are okay!! Clean and full bellies now <3
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:01 AM   #12 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I guess a really trusted company? :s
Fish must be one of the harder animals to find care for, if you don't know fish they are really confusing. My dad still thinks I don't feed the fish enough, for example.
But not taking care of guineas? She could have figured out they need food -__-
Olympia is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:52 AM   #13 
flyingxchanges

Find a friend as betta crazy as you are. A lot of people assume that the fish want to eat more, or they are 'hungry' still. I leave express instructions, AND with someone I can trust. I would be wary of a 'company'. It's best to get a trusted friend, and with fishies especially, find someone who has a bit of fish knowledge.

I am so glad your animals are doing okay now!
flyingxchanges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 12:45 PM   #14 
KadenJames

That story about the cats is awful! :( those poor things. Some people are just not human. It's disgusting. Yes, everyone is happy and clean now. :D except for one of my plakats, he is compulsivley swimming up and down the length of his tank, for the past two or so hours. O_o

The only person I know who is betta crazy like I am is my boyfriend, and he came with to Montana. All of my other closely trusted friends are away at college or moved away permanently. :/ could have been worse I suppose, but still immensly frustrating.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 04:05 PM   #15 
SageMyster

Wow, so glad your fish are doing all right. o-o I'd KILL SOMEONE if they overfed by fish to death. D:
SageMyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 05:12 PM   #16 
Laki

He's swimming along the sides constantly? Maybe put some silk plants there. I find the craft section silk "vines" are coily and would block it out so he'd have to swim between them and in and out of the coils.
Old 04-01-2012, 05:47 PM   #17 
KadenJames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laki View Post
He's swimming along the sides constantly? Maybe put some silk plants there. I find the craft section silk "vines" are coily and would block it out so he'd have to swim between them and in and out of the coils.

I lined all of the walls with silk plants AND bubble strips. He's still darting back and forth, back and forth. He's got plenty of room and hiding places, I also tried switching him into a different tank with a different layout. He chose a wall and started doing it again. I think what it might be, when he sees me he gets excited for his worms. I had him imported over a week ago, so I'm still getting used to his odd quirks I suppose. Hmmmm.
KadenJames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:28 PM   #18 
nel3

i wouldnt trust my brother to pet sit.first of all h's too busy with school work and stuff and he doesnt see fish as pets much less "easy fish" like betta. i had asked him to feed my 2 betta (back when i only had 2) and he totally forgot to do so. i didnt really mind as no harm was done as it was only 1 day though i could infer that it would repeat if i had been out for longer.
nel3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:23 PM   #19 
Bombalurina

When I asked a friend to petsit for my rats and fish, I wrote to only feed Odysseus specified amount, no more, even if he looked hungry, and not to feed my fish upstairs at all, because it would do more harm than good by fouling the water. She read my instructions, thank goodness. :)

I don't understand why petsitters don't understand that your instructions regarding your animals are correct. Don't they think you might actually know what is best for them?
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 09:57 PM   #20 
Laki

It could be the bubbles. I thought my old fish Lakitu liked the bubbles from the air stone but he started tail biting because they were constantly going. It freaked him out.