Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 03-30-2012, 11:58 PM   #1 
Ianthe

Bettastik heater?

Any reviews on the Deep Blue Bettastik heater? I am heater shopping for my daughter's betta, he is currently residing in a 2 gallon glass bowl, and he seems very happy but I would like to get him a heater. It says it is 7.5 watts and for bowls up to 2.5 gallons?

Anyone have any thoughts?

Thanks!!
Ianthe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 03:03 AM   #2 
Micho

I wouldn't reccomend the Bettastik, the wattage is too low to keep a 2.5g at an optimum temperature of 78F ~ 82F.

I would recommend any heater around the wattage of 20w. I recommend the Elite Mini Submersible Pre-Set 25w heater though, I have one in my 2g keeps the tank nice and toasty for my Betta.
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 09:12 AM   #3 
Laki

I'll second that. I bought a 7.5 betta therm pad heater. Loved it but the low wattage struggles to heat a tank that size and it burned out after only a few months. I would only go as low as 10w (mine's still going strong!) but you're better off investing in a heater that will last. A 25w would be ideal. :)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2012, 11:02 PM   #4 
jasonh
Banned

get one with a thermostat!
jasonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 02:52 AM   #5 
Sea Dragon

A 50w would work too and I'm suggesting that because those are normally easier to find :) And in many cases, cheaper too.

I got a new submersible, adjustable heater from ebay for 10 bucks with free shipping. So far it works but I haven't checked the temperature yet so I can't really give you a solid review. The only cons are that since it's over seven inches, it's a bit obtrusive and the cord is pretty short.

If you're curious though: http://www.ebay.com:80/itm/ws/eBayIS...m=170717496906

Edit: Forgot to add that Im currently using the above in a 2.5 rectangular tank. It may actually be hard to try and fit a heater shaped like that into a bowl ^^;

Last edited by Sea Dragon; 04-01-2012 at 02:55 AM.
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 08:32 AM   #6 
jasonh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Dragon View Post
A 50w would work too and I'm suggesting that because those are normally easier to find :) And in many cases, cheaper too.

I got a new submersible, adjustable heater from ebay for 10 bucks with free shipping. So far it works but I haven't checked the temperature yet so I can't really give you a solid review. The only cons are that since it's over seven inches, it's a bit obtrusive and the cord is pretty short.

If you're curious though: http://www.ebay.com:80/itm/ws/eBayIS...m=170717496906

Edit: Forgot to add that Im currently using the above in a 2.5 rectangular tank. It may actually be hard to try and fit a heater shaped like that into a bowl ^^;

these are great small heaters
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...00_i00_details
jasonh is offline   Reply With Quote