And could I have the link to the PDF?
Nemanzin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 07:22 PM   #22 
Sivan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nemanzin View Post
I found this site. That's my revelation. XD

And could I have the link to the PDF?
I don't know where I got it from but its a downloadable PDF. If you google "How to train your betta" its the first link! It should download right onto your computer. Its got pictures and everything. I really liked it.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:06 PM   #23 
Bombalurina

I'm really glad I researched before buying, because I first got interested when I thought, "Hey, it would be cool to have one of those fish that can live in a cup on my desk!" I'd been told by a chain store when I was a kiddy that they had to be in tiny cups because they died in bigger ones. Sigh. And they were literally kept in drinking cups in that shop.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 10:13 PM   #24 
Sivan

I've seen the drinking cup thing....always upsetting. I am glad that I did research even if it was after I got Fabio. I had good instincts though and thoroughly examined our many attic stored tanks before determining which would be the best size-wise, which was the 2.5 gallon. Not a bad size and it was the largest we had that could fit in my dorm. I had a lot of the supplies and took everything. This site opened my eyes to diseases and things that can go wrong. I am glad to have found it.
Old 04-01-2012, 11:28 PM   #25 
Sena Hansler

I learned about how different colors are rare, while some are only rare in particular areas. Here, it's yellow and green that are rare....and white. Blue and red and teal are most common :)
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2012, 11:54 PM   #26 
Bombalurina

Orange is really rare here. A red or blue VT would cost about $9, but an orange one would set you back a good $16.
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:30 AM   #27 
Sena Hansler

whoa! :O You get pale orange here. Oh! another rare one here: Dalmation. see one? dibs it. xD
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:40 AM   #28 
MadameDesu

My misconception? That I could keep a fish in a 1/2 gal jar on my desk without it dying ... ugh

And also, fish have personalities! Who knew? My Rosie is so silly. She pretends to be really tough and adventurous, but is really just curious is a cautious way. She likes jumping for her food, dancing, popping bubbles, biting my finger and looking at her reflection in the heater/side of her tank. Seriously, she'll just stare at herself ... so vain xD

Last edited by MadameDesu; 04-02-2012 at 12:42 AM.
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 07:24 AM   #29 
Sivan

I agree, I was SHOCKED to see how beautiful bettas could be. I only ever saw red or blue veil tails but was sick of always getting blue ones. Once I did have a kind of purple-ish one with some very little white trimming the tail but we got him because he was the most unusual we had ever seen. We named him Snowberry. I had him as a kid though and I wasn't allowed to do anything but feed him so he never really felt like mine.

MadameDesu--a few of us were shocked over personalities too! Who would have guessed?
Old 04-02-2012, 01:03 PM   #30 
Betta16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sivan View Post
Anywho, what is black water? I never heard of that.
I dont know if this is what the other poster was saying but i use what iv called black water , the water turns a little black from the Black sand i use in some of my bettas tanks. Bettas (at least mine anway) love the darker water makes them feel more at easy.
Betta16 is offline   Reply With Quote