Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 05:29 AM   #41 
Sheldon31

Agree with that mrvamp! Quick google searches don't really apply with bettas because of the amount of conflicting advice and care guides. When I first read about them, it was pretty much no heater or filter required a bowl is fine etc etc. glad I did more research than go off that one page!
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:22 AM   #42 
Sena Hansler

I'm glad someone (Anhel I think?) gave me this forum, from yahooanswers!! >< GRRR yahooanswers makes me mad. There, you CANNOT have a betta in a 3 gallon, or a 4, no no a 5 is minimum and you MUST do this and MUST do that. Here, although people still have opinions and they do things differently, they don't block you for having a fish in a smaller tank (or bowl), or yell at you or shove inforomation down your throat :)

So I agree too...
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:34 AM   #43 
MadameDesu

Yeah, yahoo answers can be rough. People seem to think that there's only one way of doing things.
Some try to make you feel guilty for having ANY tank for ANY fish that's under 10 gallons. Well, jeepers, not all of us have enough room for that kind of thing!
MadameDesu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 11:44 AM   #44 
Sena Hansler

revelation: people have MEAN opinions. :p except on here. most have nicely put opinions haha.

I learned my constipated Ghengis still wants me to feed him. no. not a chance.
Old 04-03-2012, 05:10 PM   #45 
Bombalurina

When I was on YA! I always tried to advocate a 2.5 gallon minimum with a filter (although I encouraged people to get 5 gallons if they could, so they could cycle it) simply because most of them weren't willing to do the maintenance on a larger tank, and because I didn't know of a heater small enough for a tank less than that. So many people just listened to the "yes" people who said you can keep a betta in a cup with no heater and no water changes and feed it once a year. It was depressing to see so many people doing so many things wrong, yet refusing to believe that that was the cause of their woes. It's so nice to be hear, where people listen to your advice without shutting you down, and no one advocates terrible care. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 05:20 PM   #46 
Sheldon31

People are helpful here rather than judgemental. I've probably done a few things wrong, some things I've learnt from which I wish I hadn't had to but I am glad that I found this place. I think everyone is helping me more than anywhere else I've looked.
Old 04-04-2012, 12:45 AM   #47 
Sena Hansler

agreed!
Old 04-05-2012, 02:12 AM   #48 
Ramble

Revelation: that companies selling large amounts of supplies still place blatant misinformation on their packaging. I was reading the back of the Aqueon Betta Bowl package (tiny for one fish...sold for two) and it says "they are even found living in animal footprints." hm. Now that I'm in a store that sells these, I have to explain that, no, the betta don't really live in hoof prints...
Ramble is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:20 AM   #49 
Sheldon31

Ugh I'm sick of coming across the "mud puddle" rumour. The worst mis information so far has to be that "bettas can't live in big tanks, over 2gal because they'll DIE!' hmm yes ok them.
Old 04-05-2012, 11:27 AM   #50 
Sena Hansler

hoof prints? o_O that's a new one to me haha.

Yes, all bettas over 2 gallons die. Shiloh, my female bettas, Jekyll, Juniper all are dying >.>