Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2012, 07:50 PM   #21 
lvandert

hmmm. I wonder if she saw a male, got eggy, and then is either eating those or absorbing them back into her body. My girls generally wont eat if thats the case. If anything else wrong with her? Golden flecks, white spots, black spots, colorless splotches, pine-coning, ripped up fins, lethargic, laying on the bottom? Anything?
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:52 PM   #22 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
hmmm. I wonder if she saw a male, got eggy, and then is either eating those or absorbing them back into her body. My girls generally wont eat if thats the case. If anything else wrong with her? Golden flecks, white spots, black spots, colorless splotches, pine-coning, ripped up fins, lethargic, laying on the bottom? Anything?
Her tank is right next to Gandalf's, but she was in a divided tank with Spartacus for a few months and this never happened.

Nothing else seems wrong with her. She seemed slightly lethargic until I switched her tank around yesterday. Now she's back to her spunky self. Her body maybe looks slightly paler than normal. We did try some aquarium salt, and we've been doing more frequent water changes since this has been going on.
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:55 PM   #23 
lilyth88

She seems to have tiny patches of gold on her that were not there before. What does that mean??
Old 04-05-2012, 09:02 PM   #24 
lilyth88

Okay, so she does not have clamped fins and she doesn't have a dusting of anything. She is slightly paler than usual, and I just shined a flashlight on her and she does have a small gold patch on her top fin that was not there before.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:04 PM   #25 
lilyth88

I'll see if I can get a picture.
Old 04-05-2012, 09:13 PM   #26 
lilyth88

Now that we're shining a light on her and taking pictures of her (with flash) she definitely looks waaaay different than normal. These things aren't really visible when she's just swimming around in her tank.

On her top fin, there is a small gold patch that is normally not there. Her gills seem more inflamed than normal. That "bruise" looking thing on her tummy normally isn't like that either. Now I'm officially freaking out. What would you recommend the best treatment is??
Attached Images

Old 04-05-2012, 10:00 PM   #27 
lilyth88

The only place that was open was Walmart (ew) so we bought Jungle Ick Clear (the post about diseases on this website says to treat Velvet like you'd treat Ick, so I figured what the heck) and Parasite Clear. That was about the extent of their medications there. We also picked up some stress coat.

If anyone is online, pleeeeeeeease help!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:27 PM   #28 
ao
TFK Moderator

Velvet... my fish had something like that and it was natural coloring. if shes not flashing and scrathing I wouldnt even consider velvet, Im really more worried about that bruise. Being over stomach area, it could very well be the reason she is not eating. can it be parasites?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:32 PM   #29 
lvandert

Sorry! I got wrapped up in a short story I was writing. The ick treatment might clear things up. She might have a parasite in her belly, and she might have a slight case of velvet. The bruising definitely might be a sign of it. She also could be egg bound (can't pass the eggs) Do the full treatment and see if that doesn't get her better...
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #30 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
Velvet... my fish had something like that and it was natural coloring. if shes not flashing and scrathing I wouldnt even consider velvet, Im really more worried about that bruise. Being over stomach area, it could very well be the reason she is not eating. can it be parasites?
Would you recommend treating her with the Parasite Clear we got? (That's all we could get at this time of night.)