Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2012, 10:33 PM   #31 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvandert View Post
Sorry! I got wrapped up in a short story I was writing. The ick treatment might clear things up. She might have a parasite in her belly, and she might have a slight case of velvet. The bruising definitely might be a sign of it. She also could be egg bound (can't pass the eggs) Do the full treatment and see if that doesn't get her better...
Should I go with the Ick Clear or Parasite Clear?
lilyth88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:35 PM   #32 
lvandert

try the parasite clear. She doesn't have ick and that gold spot may just be natural discoloration. Velvet is a gold dust that coats the fish. It'll literally look like dust on the fish. The bruising on the belly kinda makes me lean towards parasites
lvandert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:36 PM   #33 
lvandert

Oh! btw i think i forgot to say this earlier, I love the name! Sookie Stackhouse all the way!
Old 04-05-2012, 10:37 PM   #34 
lilyth88

Quote:
try the parasite clear. She doesn't have ick and that gold spot may just be natural discoloration. Velvet is a gold dust that coats the fish. It'll literally look like dust on the fish. The bruising on the belly kinda makes me lean towards parasites
I'll start that now. How often would you recommend doing water changes with this? And how much? Also, should I keep up with the aquarium salt?
Old 04-05-2012, 10:44 PM   #35 
lvandert

I would do daily water changes, generally you do 100% water changes with medications. If it seems to make a big difference then keep up with the salt but if it doesn't you can probably cut back.
Old 04-05-2012, 10:46 PM   #36 
lilyth88

Quote:
I would do daily water changes, generally you do 100% water changes with medications. If it seems to make a big difference then keep up with the salt but if it doesn't you can probably cut back.
That's kinda what I was thinking, but the back of the medication said 25%, so I thought I'd be sure. Do you have any experience with that kind of med? We didn't have many options tonight. (Darn Walmart.)
Old 04-05-2012, 10:51 PM   #37 
lvandert

go with what the bottle says. I don't really have experiences with it but I'd do what the bottle says.
Old 04-06-2012, 12:15 AM   #38 
ao
TFK Moderator

Maybe someones asked this.... but I was rereading and trying to rediagnose but... how often do you do a full water change?
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:27 AM   #39 
ao
TFK Moderator

maybe you can try this, have her in a quarantine tank, change out the water every day/every 2 days, 100%. I really dont think its external parasites. Im suspecting the water parameters :( so if you cant get it checked might as well keep it perfect for her treatment. does she look like she's pineconing at all? I just noticed the slight black edge to her scales towards the back.since we cant seem to dignose her maybe you can put her on aquarium salt( but ONLY if she isnt bloated, pineconing etc 1tsp/gal). Make sure water temp is same when changing water etcetc. see if she recovers her apetite at all...
ao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:48 AM   #40 
lilyth88

Quote:
Originally Posted by aokashi View Post
maybe you can try this, have her in a quarantine tank, change out the water every day/every 2 days, 100%. I really dont think its external parasites. Im suspecting the water parameters :( so if you cant get it checked might as well keep it perfect for her treatment. does she look like she's pineconing at all? I just noticed the slight black edge to her scales towards the back.since we cant seem to dignose her maybe you can put her on aquarium salt( but ONLY if she isnt bloated, pineconing etc 1tsp/gal). Make sure water temp is same when changing water etcetc. see if she recovers her apetite at all...
The water has always tested fine. She is not bloated or pineconing. The water temp is always about the same when I do water changes.