Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-01-2012, 10:54 PM   #1 
Jrf456

Betta floating on its side

My betta Skyden, (my favorite ) is acting strangely right now. He'll swim around normally, flaring at anything that walks past him (as usual, nothing new since I've got him) and then he'll swim towards the top, and float on his side a bit for a minute. Then he'll swim around and act normal again. This keeps going on over and over again. He'll swim around for about 2 minutes normally, then lay on his side at the top again for about a minute. I changed his water today, but this was at about 8 o'clock, and he was normal for a long time until I just checked on him again at about 11:45. Please help, I'm not sure what to do. Like I said, he was normal for 2 hours, so I don't think it's the water.. He ate, but I only fed him 5 pellets today, 6 yesterday (because I didn't feed them for a day)

Please please help. :/
Jrf456 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 12:06 AM   #2 
ao
TFK Moderator

Seems like a Swim bladder problem :( you should hold off his food until he gets better again. Just resist the urge to feed him :) see if he gets better. If he doesn't you can try epsom salt(not aquarium). Is he bloated at all? when did this start? If he looks bloated you can get him to flare for a while and see if he can pop a poop, dont over do it though :)
ao is offline   Reply With Quote