Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 05:31 PM   #31 
wickedrodent

I actually really like this setup so far!
wickedrodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:37 PM   #32 
TakoLuLu

That actually looks like great dimensions seeing the betta in there!
TakoLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:38 PM   #33 
Micho

Looks like a nice setup for a him. :) What a lucky boy he is.

Also, I've lived in Malaysia before and me and my mom would try to go catch Betta fish every once and then, trust me, they live in shallow ponds. It's not even a rice paddy. . The water doesn't go past your knee, it's only a little bit above your ankle. . .
Micho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:45 PM   #34 
wickedrodent

My only concern at this point is the. Trying to get the holes large but not too large.

Does this look good?

wickedrodent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:53 PM   #35 
TakoLuLu

Looks pretty good. Another option if you dont like the way thats working would be to cut a window out in the middle & hot glue a piece of plastic craft canvas in its place.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:05 PM   #36 
MrVampire181

I don't poke holes in mine. Bettas don't use THAT much oxygen. Generally I use them for spawning tanks.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:17 PM   #37 
TakoLuLu

That's another good point, opening it frequently should be more than enough oxygen really, just leave enough of a gap under the rim. I was thinking more aesthetically speaking, to let in some light XD
Old 04-07-2012, 06:35 PM   #38 
LittleBettaFish

I have cling wrap pulled tight over all my wild betta tanks with no air holes and no one has suffocated because of it. I figure I let in enough oxygen when I open it up to check on them.
LittleBettaFish is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 06:39 PM   #39 
bettalover2033

I'd just like to know when the bickering is going to stop. I mean seriously guys we need to work as a team. I know there is never going to be a time where EVERYONE agrees, but we need to work things out a bit more civilized.

@Wickedrodent: I'm sorry for such a bad impression on the forum. Welcome though . Anyway, the tank/tub is just enough space and room for such a betta to be very happy and live healthy. The holes aren't really needed as everyone said, but they could be useful for feeding time:).

Your HM butterfly boy looks beautiful and will be a great pet for you. I'm sure he'll reall enjoy the tank. Very inexpensive and perfectly fine IMO.

@Jasonh: I think that's the way the username goes. Please excuse me if it doesn't. We are not try to gang up on you even though they kinda did, but honestly I have to admit that most of your comments were a bit rude even maybe if not intended. It was just the frustration and possibly the feeling that NO one was listening to you, but that tank is fine for a betta.

Thank you for reading this.
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:51 PM   #40 
cajunamy
Banned

Everyone has different opinions when it comes to keeping bettas. Unless it comes to water quality and conditions, they are opinions and not fact. Just because you prefer glass tanks does not make it a fact that bettas do not belong in storage tubs.

I personally prefer glass as well, but that is my opinion. I have kept very healthy bettas in all manner of containers in the past, so long as they are large enough for a betta and the water is kept clean and warm.

I wish people on this forum would stop confusing OPINION with FACT.
cajunamy is offline   Reply With Quote