Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 10:43 PM   #51 
Twilight Storm

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonh View Post
if you intend on doing this again with something you consider keeping, get some graph paper and tape it on the lid then drill at the points where the lines intersect.

i had to drill the bottom of my laptop because it had fake air vents and my laptop was overheating during gaming.

I did it this way and it looked very professional
Thank you for the graph paper tip! I tend to forget about simple stuff like that when i'm DIY-ing.
Twilight Storm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:44 PM   #52 
TakoLuLu

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedrodent View Post
Never thought about them for ferrets (we have two)! Might look into making a carrier for them as they tend to chew up the store bought ones.
Posted via Mobile Device
I don't have any currently, but my last one chewed out of his carrier on the middle of the interstate. Nearly had a heart attack trying to snatch him, & then had no where to put him. Every trip after that he rode in a lock top sterilite with vents installed and a snuggle sack. Never had another car ride issue with him again.
TakoLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:57 PM   #53 
MollyJean

...moving right along...

I've looked into these before. I swear next time I go to walmart and find a shelf full of dieing bettas I'm going to grab a bunch of those tubs and all the fish. It would be so worth it. They might not seem like the most beautiful tanks, but to a betta, it's probably heaven. So much room, clean water... who cares if the walls aren't perfectly seethrough. That's a human concern.

As for short tanks.. I've been wanting one for a while. One of those big round glass lily bowls people use for centerpieces would make a beautiful tank if it where big enough, say 20 inches at the rim. All I seem to find are 10 inch.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #54 
Silverfang

I like the idea. WE might not be able to see them, but it's good, cheap alternative. I used a smaller version that was at most 4" deep when I had an injured fish. This way he had over a Gal of water and it wasn't very deep, he could reach the surface easily.

If your boy is happy and healthy, well that's all that matters isn't it?
Silverfang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:16 PM   #55 
Sakura8

Hi, I just wanted to let everyone in this thread know that I did a bit of editing and I removed a few posts. If one of your posts was removed or edited, please know that it's nothing personal, I promise. Just trying to keep the peace.

wickedrodent, I apologize for all the trouble in your thread. Your question was a legitimate, thoughtful question and the majority of the replies were legitimate, thoughtful replies.

Thanks for all of your cooperation, everyone.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:20 PM   #56 
MrVampire181

Understood Sakura.

BTW, that is the EXACT tub I use to spawn my bettas. Excellent choice ;D
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:30 PM   #57 
Sakura8

Thanks, Mr. V.

I've got a wounded betta in a 1.6g Sterilite right now because he can barely swim. Poor baby. When I rearrange my sorority, I put the girls in a 6 gallon sterilite. Only thing those don't work well for are for fish that need it filled up all the way to the top or close to the top. The sides really bow out. But for a shallow betta tank, they're nice and cheap and functional.
Sakura8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:04 AM   #58 
dramaqueen
Banned

sterilite tubs don't seem much different than kritter keepers. Just the top is different.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:29 AM   #59 
MrVampire181

Except they're not as expensive and don't break as easily.
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 12:35 AM   #60 
dramaqueen
Banned

Very true.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote