Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2012, 03:38 PM   #1 
Sea Dragon

Our new Delta Tail! [Petco rescue]

His name is Rasputin :) We got him from Petco two weeks ago where he was fermenting in this brown fuzzy stuff with SBD issues and minor fin rot. Our Petco takes relatively better care of their bettas, although there are some days when the care is visibly sub-par, especially with the older stocks :(

My friend deserves most of the credit for healing him. I just supplied salt and ideas to keep him warm ha. He's currently staying inside a 1.25 gallon jar with 100% changes every three days. He seems content and pretty chill, but we're moving him to a 2.5 heated tank soon.

My friend is on vacation, so I'm currently taking care of him for now. He's a gift for our AP European History teacher, which would explain the name The class voted "Rasputin" although my teacher wanted "Louie the Fish". At least he'll be hard to kill, right? /history humor.

Putin no longer has fin rot but as you can see, he does have some dips in his tail. I'm currently using stress coat as a conditioner. Hopefully those will heal? If not, I suppose he can live with some "battle scars" :)
Sea Dragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:41 PM   #2 
MrVampire181

He looks young. He'll probably spread to a full moon in a few months. I like him :)
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:44 PM   #3 
Sea Dragon

Really? He's almost twice the size of my baby (in my avatar), but that would be pretty awesome if he grows into a half-moon :D Thank you!
Old 04-02-2012, 03:54 PM   #4 
Karebear13

Wow he is very cool looking and I love the name :)
Karebear13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:29 PM   #5 
Laki

Ha, its nice to know I'm not the only sick minded history buff around. Though I'm not up on Russian hist or American hist. But Ludey got his name off a German war lord. :0

When I'm a history teacher I hope my students treat me this well!! Putin is simply a gorgeous fish, and your teacher is very lucky!!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 04:43 PM   #6 
Sea Dragon

Thank you and thank you!

My friend named her own betta Nimitz after the general haha :D We're all history buffs but I named my fish Gibbs after an NCIS character ;P I love Putin and I'm glad we decided to rescue him from that icky cup of his (there was a healthy blue/turquoise delta right next to him and we were pretty torn) I'm confident my teacher will like him too. She's super excited and she doesn't know what he looks like, but I'm holding onto him for the break to give him time to recuperate.

You're thinking of becoming a history teacher? Sounds great if you are :)!
Old 04-02-2012, 06:49 PM   #7 
Sea Dragon

MrVampire, you were right! I let Putin flare for a little bit and it turns out that he is actually a halfmoon, so awesome :) We saved seven bucks on this guy then hahaha
Old 04-02-2012, 07:03 PM   #8 
Laki

We don't get delta's here. Only Veiltail and Crowntail.. Or combtail (at PetSmart) not labelled as such but Bowser is some mix of combtail/crowntail so goodness knows what else they have for breeding stock out there :/

Also, yes! I'm in my third year of Bachelor of Arts in history, folklore and english! Next Fall I'll start education program for junior high and senior high school teacher!!
Old 04-02-2012, 07:20 PM   #9 
Sea Dragon

Oh that used to be the case here, until Petco opened three months ago :) You can imagine how I felt when I found that they had veil tails, double tails, crown tails, deltas, and half-moons with the most recent addition being kings. Some stocks have more of one type than others, although I noticed that double tails were the rarest. I love mine to bits haha.

Wow, I wish you luck! :) I love history, especially since I was lucky enough to have the best teachers ever haha.
Old 04-02-2012, 07:24 PM   #10 
Laki

Must be awesome if you're buying her a gorgeous betta fish!! Keep us updated on how she reacts to him!