Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Finless Friends
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 05-13-2012, 10:55 AM   #11 
RayneForhest

No, I'm not going to put her thru all that. Its not like she needs it for function... I cant compete with her in the show ring because she has white tips. (I'm not interested in that anyway) and she wont be hunting wild boars... so I dont see the need for it.

So far, she's BY FAR bigger than all her litter mates. And she's in her clumsy stage. She's so cute when she gallops. She's so awkward.

I think she's a little over 1/4 euro. Her grandfather was the most muscular dane I've ever seen. He was mostly euro. Danica's mother, Sammie, is the tallest female any of the breeders in eastern Ky and parts of Oho have ever seen.

Her dad is of the Meistersinger linage.

I would love to see pictures of the blue one. Thanks :)
RayneForhest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 01:13 PM   #12 
Laki

wow she seems like a real good dog! Great lines. :) Clumsy stage won't last forever, I'm sure its hilarious!! lol Get some vids and laugh for life <3 I love danes :) THere's one on my street but it looks scared and skinny all the time. Obviously they have it just because. They also have a chihuahua, so you judge why they wanted it :/

From what you're describing, being taller and bigger than her mates, Danica sounds like the big blonde squire of Catleyn Stark in Game of Thrones. She's large and eager to please Stark's to avenge the death of someone Baratheon. Oh my. Here I go... lol
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2012, 04:07 PM   #13 
Enkil

We have two Great Danes and and American Bully puppy. My advice to you is to make sure your GD is very well socialized! The two GDs I live with are not mine. They are a roommates. They were not socialized properly. The male is almost as tall as the current record holder of tallest living dog. He wasn't properly socialized and is now a bit aggressive with other dogs because of it. It is my opinion that it is mainly his frustration in wanting to play with them and not knowing how. I think this because it is what I observed from him when we brought my puppy home. He wants so badly to play with my Fenris but is unsure of how to go about doing so.
Enkil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:29 AM   #14 
RayneForhest

Here is Danica, 2 years old.

Last edited by RayneForhest; 05-27-2014 at 11:32 AM.
Old 05-27-2014, 11:10 PM   #15 
Ezzie

Beautiful!
I know this thread is old but danes are my top favorite breed & i will most certainly be owning some in my future (just need to work out costs :P)
Ezzie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #16 
InStitches

gorgeous dog!
InStitches is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 01:22 AM   #17 
RayneForhest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezzie View Post
Beautiful!
I know this thread is old but danes are my top favorite breed & i will most certainly be owning some in my future (just need to work out costs :P)
Find a reputable breeder. Make sure your dane comes from parents that have been OFA tested (and passed)for their eyes, heart, thyroid, hips, elbows and a genetic test for von Willebrand disease. Don't take the breeder's word for it either. You can look up their dog on the ofa website. This will save you so much heartache and money in the long run. Find a breeder that breeds for sound structure and temperament. If you do all that... your dane could live 10 to 12 years.
The number 1 killer of danes is bloat/torsion. A gastropexy done at the same time as spaying/neutering can prevent it entirely. (Bloat can still occur but it buys you time to get to a vet?

They're worth taking the extra mile. They'll reward you with the love that only the heart of a hound can provide.
Old 05-28-2014, 01:23 AM   #18 
RayneForhest

Quote:
Originally Posted by InStitches View Post
gorgeous dog!
Thank you :)
Old 05-28-2014, 10:44 AM   #19 
SeaKnight

This is my Bambi at just over 3 years of age... She will be 6 in November.....
Attached Images

SeaKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2014, 12:15 PM   #20 
RayneForhest

She is beautiful