Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-16-2012, 05:22 PM   #71 
Laki

The UK is also ahead in the world by retiring old factory farms for free-range for chickens. Also, adopting out chickens when their time is up in the layers. I always gave kudos to UK for animal protection laws.
Ours is so backwards. I's love to like in the UK once I'm done school. I'm thinking Ireland or somewhere that's not Britain (I'll visit but don't want to live there)
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 05:54 PM   #72 
Sivan

The UK has amazing chain pet stores that take care of their bettas very well, too.
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 07:38 PM   #73 
Sheldon31

Ireland is beautiful but having a troublesome time with in house terrorism at the moment. Shame because both northern (belongs to UK) and southern (known as the republic and is independant of the UK) is stunning. I live in Wales. The most beautiful part of the mainland UK. Scotland is nice too but the weather is something else. They have their own climate up there. England though, I dislike lol. Not the people, just the place, it always seems too busy and never sleeps. I like my country to be full of fields and sheep and sleepyness.

My mum rescued 3 battery hens. Sadly we lost Blodwyn, our youngest rescue to an unknown cause. However, we give her an extra 3 years she wouldn't have gotten without us! I don't eat eggs from a battery hen or caged hen meat. Free range only in this house! Taste better and I feel I'm making a difference to a hens life. :)
Sheldon31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 09:58 PM   #74 
LinkLover

Well I'm certainly glad that some countries protect animals... It's such a shame that so many animals are treated like objects, and tossed aside whenever they become "useless". It's disgusting. I will definitely have to go there someday to see how animal laws SHOULD be. The US is terrible in that department.

On another note, my betta rescue was successful! He is almost totally better, just keeping a close eye on him for the next week. Then he's going to his new home! I found a friend of mine who loves animals as much as me, so I know he will be very well taken care of. :)
LinkLover is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2012, 10:16 PM   #75 
Sivan

Glad to hear the good news!
Sivan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2012, 08:40 AM   #76 
Laki

I was never sure of where Wales was exactly. I feel so ignorant when it comes to geography!!! Thank goodness for Google maps!

I did an Irish history course, yes. . . Unfortunately, they are still in unrest. And it's a sin too because the landscape looks so nice. I'm used to inclement weather! Newfoundland is known to have the 4 seasons in one day. And I've seen it, around November you might start the day with flurries, then it will clear up to have sun, then it will go overcast and misty and then open skies again. Snow to sun to rain to wind. My goodness. What we get for the East Atlantic.

That's awesome you rescued battery hens! I guess they're not hard to come by, nor are they expensive. Do they still produce eggs once they're retired? It must be rewarding to see their feathers grow back!

**Sorry for the thread trolling.

That's wonderful news that your rescue betta is okay now! Your friend will get a lovely betta, I'm sure!
Laki is offline   Reply With Quote