Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 07:19 PM   #1 
Mangmess

Betta has scab on head?

Today I looked and noticed my blue betta has a weird looking brown scab on his head. Yes, my betta's are in the same tank because the other tank broke. There's a divider in the middle, and the tank isn't small. http://www.flickr.com/photos/58529977@N06/6897361798/
Mangmess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 09:10 PM   #2 
Pataflafla

His caudal fin looks like it's been chewed or cut off pretty well. Has he gotten in a fight or stuck on a filter recently? Either would explain his tail and the coloring on his head.

For treatment, for now just try cleaner water. Up the changes to the tank that you're a;ready doing since you've got twice the fish in there now, and up the changes again to keep the water a little cleaner too.

does the spot on his head looks puffy or sunken in? Or does it look like regular scaling where it is?
Pataflafla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:12 PM   #3 
iceyrose

Good luck with ur betta buddys....id guess maby try aquarium salt & api stress coat for a week 1teaspoon per gallon....
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 10:14 PM   #4 
iceyrose

The coloration may be from the faucet water what kinda water conditioner do u use? The api stree coat has water conditionder in it as well....also check ur ph...I checked the faucet water from the local town I'm staying in and the ph is 8.2+ which isn't the best for the little buddys. 7.0 is the best
iceyrose is offline   Reply With Quote