Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Memorials
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-02-2012, 02:27 PM   #1 
TakoLuLu

RIP to my long lost 3

I just joined, but I felt like it would almost inappropriate not to honor the 3 I've lost before continuing on to my next fishy adventure. I bury my fishies in with a potted gardenia, but drought last summer got my gardenia & my MIL (the Mr. & I were living with her at the time) used the dirt from the pot to transplant her butterfly bush. Now, while they may be helping her plant along, they are no longer with me.

My first loss was my beautiful blood-red Chimamire no Juunigatsu (Bloody December), or Juuni (twelve) for short. He was bought for me by my little brother for Christmas 2005 from PETCO & died of an unknown illness 3 years later while in the care of my mom. I was out of town & she did everything she could to save the dear, but he passed on & I put my 2.5gal hex back into storage.

Uncle Deadly was another gorgeous crowntail so named because he was exactly the same colors as the Muppet of the same name. He lived with me for 3 happy years in a 10gal, but never quite recovered from the stress of a poorly handled move & passed away about 7 months later.

My last boy, a very pale colored crowntail named Ghost passed away much too soon along with his little oto tankmates in a horrible overnight catastrophe. Still don't know what went wrong there, they seemed fine at lights out & the water tested fine the day before after a treated & aged water change. I can only speculate that it was something fast acting & undetectable that somehow ended up in my water source
TakoLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:48 PM   #2 
joyfish

I love your way of honoring your fish. I can't recall where I buried the betta I had years ago. Wen my Big Red had some white place I started worrying what I'd do if he died.

Lucky he is still with me. Hubby has a large ponytail palm and I have told him my plans for using his plant in the future when either of my fish die. I hope it is way in future but I like the thought of remembering just where they are verses on the one acre or 20 acre plot.

You must be a very good fish owner and I am glad for any fish you may get/have.
joyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:58 PM   #3 
TakoLuLu

I'm definitely planning on starting a new plant of some sort whenever my next betta (or one of his tankmates) passes. However, hopefully that'll be years from now considering my tank won't even be ready for a new betta for a few weeks yet!

As much as I miss the ones that have passed on, I'm very much looking forward to finding a new guy to rule my 10gal!
Old 04-04-2012, 02:50 AM   #4 
joyfish

I am hoping to get a tank someday. It all sounds so difficult to me though. I know I would need one larfe enough to divide so both my bettas would have a nice home.

I look forward to seeiing a picture of your future new betta.
joyfish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 09:45 AM   #5 
TakoLuLu

It can be a bit overwhelming /complicated at times (especially if something is going wrong, ugh) but that's part of what's so great about a community like this. Everyone seems so good about explaining things and answering questions!
Old 04-10-2012, 09:36 PM   #6 
dramaqueen
Banned

I'm so sorry for your losses.
dramaqueen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 09:39 PM   #7 
TakoLuLu

Thank you for your condolences. They've been gone long enough that mostly I can just remember them fondly. Its good to be part of a community that understands mourning the loss of a fish however.