Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Diseases and Emergencies
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2012, 04:55 PM   #1 
jazzy434

internal parasites

does anyone have a picture of what internal parasites look like?
jazzy434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 05:13 PM   #2 
Kim

You obviously can't see the parasites themselves, but one of the more obvious signs is white, stringy feces. When I was dealing with them several years ago in some rescue guppies, I also noticed the abdomen could appear bloated as well, although this may not be the case in all situations. Keep in mind that I haven't researched this in several years though, so there may be some new manners of diagnosis that I am not aware of.

As far as treatment is concerned, I found that only the feed-through medications were actually effective.
Kim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:52 PM   #3 
BETTACHKALOVE

White or black wormy thing coming out of anus; might be bloated. Can dart around like crazy, stopped eating, lethargic...
BETTACHKALOVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:30 PM   #4 
BETTACHKALOVE

I forgot i read the symptom for internal parasite also can be gray belly and clear stringy like poo.
Old 04-05-2012, 02:48 PM   #5 
Sena Hansler

Jungle fizz tabs, worked for me whenever anyone had internal parasite :) But, the food-medication (if he'll eat) are worth getting. I don't have a picture, but there are signs...like everyone else already said.
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 02:59 PM   #6 
copperarabian

You can see Camallanus which is a internal parasite. I got jungle brand Anti-Parasite medicated food. My boy refused to eat anything though :(

copperarabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:05 PM   #7 
Sena Hansler

I'm curious as to if Ghengis has parasites o_O although, he won't poop at all. But is active, wants food, etc -.- I could use my fizz tabs, but I dunno if it's anything except severe constipation xD
Old 04-05-2012, 03:34 PM   #8 
BETTACHKALOVE

So Jungle's Parasite Clear Fizz tabs are good. How about API General Cure, did anyone used it?

What is the reason that they get it?
Old 04-05-2012, 04:00 PM   #9 
Sena Hansler

No idea of general cure but I have some stuff from API and it's pretty good.

Internal parasites hitch hike on a host (new fish), on plants, and transfered by contaminated ornaments/fake plants, water, nets, siphons, buckets... much like diseases, especially if those items are kept wet and used frequently. It's always smart to quarantine new fish and all new plants for at least 2 weeks, because then you can tell there are or are no parasites :) And smart to clean objects used between tanks!