Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-04-2012, 06:26 PM   #1 
Foisair

Want to buy....

I am looking for any of the following:

Malaysian Trumpet Snails

Assassin Snails (1 or 2)

Any live plants (I am prepared to set up for all light needs. I would love some floating plants or 'baby' trimmings of anything.)

5-7 Cory Catfish (Same breed. Would prefer a lighter bodied corys as I have black sand. Pandas and Bandits are adorable. No albinos please.) or 7-9 pigmy corries.

If you live near the Seattle area, I would prefer to meet you and pick up. I will pay for shipping if you do not live close enough to meet. I get an awesome rate with UPS through my work and will gladly email you a UPS Priority Overnight label.

Let me know what you have and we can talk prices.
Foisair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:45 AM   #2 
Fabian

I live in Malaysia and i've never heard of Malaysian Trumpet Snail.
What are they?
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:50 AM   #3 
Inga

Don't any of your live fish stores carry those items?

I too was opposed to the Albino Cories because quite frankly, Albino kind of freaked me out. I did however break down and get a few in my tank because the dark substrate and it is amazing how facsinating they are to watch. They are fast becomming some of my favorites and I actually went and got a few more to add to the group. They show up so well it is easy to see them. They just look sort of peach in my tank and the eyes don't show up that well so...
Inga is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 12:50 PM   #4 
EvilVOG

Malaysian trumpet snails are those twisty-shelled snails that often take over aquariums.

http://www.planetinverts.com/malaysi...pet_snail.html

I have some duckweed i could sell you, and if all else fails, a LFS has assassin snails i could pick up and send.
EvilVOG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 04:46 PM   #5 
Foisair

My LPS do have corys and limited plants. However, very few breeds and no pigmies. I figured I would ask on here first. I know many people who have MTS in their tank tend to have ALOT and there are many people on here I've seen with heavily planted tanks that may have extra. I would rather put my money in the pockets of fellow members than my LPS if I can.

EvilVOG: How much to the assassins run in your area? I know there are people selling them on aquabid right now too. I won't ask you to go out of your way to buy some to sell to me unless you can get an awesome deal on them.
Old 04-05-2012, 05:55 PM   #6 
EvilVOG

my extra mts are still too small, but i got their parents from petsmart for free if that helps.

Checked today for the assassins, they don't currently have any.
Old 04-05-2012, 08:29 PM   #7 
Fabian

I know these already i can find those in my drains,but it might carry diseases.
Fabian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 01:17 AM   #8 
Foisair

Fabian - Thanks, but I'd rather not risk any diseases in my tank.

EvilVOG - I'll check out PetSmart for the MTS. Went to Petco and all I could see was pond snails. Unless someone on here has Assassins, I'll probably have to get them off of AquaBid.

On another note, I found the corys I want. The Petco I went to this evening has some really adorable julii corys. Their plant selection was pretty pathetic. So anything you guys have would be great. All I have now are two Amazon Swords and some small Lace Java Fern tied to some wood. I think I'm going to avoid duckweed for now (thanks though EvilVOG) that will take over my tank and I'll be throwing away all the time. If I change my mind on the duckweed, I'll let you know.
Old 04-08-2012, 02:31 AM   #9 
EvilVOG

Don't blame you at all. If i could find some other floating plant i would probably already have it.

MTS are a pest snail as far as petco and petsmart look at them. They usually keep up on getting rid of them. The one by me was about taken over by them so i was able to talk the girl into just giving me some. They don't sell them. Just look in the tanks at whatever pet store/ fish store for the twisty shells and you can usually get them for free. Think i have seen them on aquabid however.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:23 AM   #10 
Foisair

Yeah, I found MTS on Aquabid as well. Thing is, being that they're a "pest" snail, I don't really want to pay $1 a snail in addition to shipping. I'll keep checking out my local stores. Someone's bound to be infested at some point right? I'll probably end up getting my assassins off Aquabid.