Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2012, 09:23 AM   #11 
Zero186

Both my boys have them and both use them all the time, and I have never had problems with their fins because if them.
Zero186 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:04 PM   #12 
sourgrl

our boy has one too and loves it. the inside had some ruff spots i had to file down before placing it in his tank. tied some java moss to it a couple weeks ago to give it a different look.
sourgrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 03:08 PM   #13 
tpocicat

Mine love it. I have one in my sorority tank my females like to hide or rest in it. One of my males likes to blow his bubble nest in the hole on top of his! I plan to get more as money permits.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:49 PM   #14 
wystearya

Well, this has officially been added to my "have to have it" list! Maybe tomorrow after work I can get to my Petsmart to get one. :)
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:27 PM   #15 
MollyJean

Bettabettabetta has one and loves it. I haven't had any problems with fins ripping, the whole thing is pretty smooth. He loves just swimming through it or trying to go around it against the wall. And my mystery snail loves it too. Totally worth the money.
MollyJean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 08:49 PM   #16 
happypappy

amazon has better pricing -- and with prime free shipping ---- may be a choice. I caught my betta in the log asleep last night
happypappy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 07:42 PM   #17 
wystearya

Well, I got one today! Comet has already investigated it and been inside. I'm hoping he will end up loving it. I also would like to see him make a bubble nest in it. I have a sponge filter in his 5 gallon tank, so there is a bit of surface disturbance. Maybe the hole in the log will give him a place to make one.

In any case, I am happy with it! I did anchor it. I used the dark base of an old silk plant and tied it with some fishing line. ;)

One suggestion to anyone looking to buy this: If you are fortunate enough to have a store that carries them, open up the box and feel the log first. My store had two, and the first one I opened had some fairly sharp edges. The second one however was much, much smoother! I am glad I opened them, I didn't want to have to do a lot of sanding!

Last edited by wystearya; 04-06-2012 at 07:44 PM.
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 05:17 PM   #18 
jasonh
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by happypappy View Post
Has anyone had any experience with zoomed's betta log?
i have heard bad things about the ones that are like discs that have a hole to swim through that are called logs. then zoo med has another line that are shaped like a section of a log. i havent heard any bad things about those except for the occasional person getting one with a sharp edge
jasonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 10:10 PM   #19 
MachinaSoul

I have one for each betta (3 so far). They enjoy them. But they also like the suction cup thermometers (they will sit atop it between the suction cup and thermometer if high enough), the 10 gallon heater (Roy liked to sit on top of it, where it doesn't emit heat, once I placed it vertical in the tank), and will also sit on any wires in the tank (when I had the heater horizontal, the cord was being used to also keep the log in place at the corner of the 10 gallon), and he would at times sit on the wire under the log).

Another good one is the betta leaf hammock, but really, you could simply make your own little platforms and such and they will have just as much fun with them, they just won't look naturalistic.
MachinaSoul is offline   Reply With Quote