Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-05-2012, 01:30 PM   #1 
cataze

Need aquarium background advice

Good afternoon everyone!

I moved my boy Akira into his 20 gallon a few days ago. He seems to spend a lot of time along the back wall of the tank. He doesn't flare or anything though. But I was wondering if I should get a background to minimize the chance of reflections.

So I'm wondering:

1) Are 3D backgrounds suitable for Bettas? I want one that has a natural rock look, and most with that look are the 3D ones

2) If I end up getting just the plastic sheet that you stick on the back of the tank, how would I go about that when the tank is already in place? There isn't much room between the tank and the wall. I guess just enough room for the HOB. So I guess I would just tape it at the sides?

Thanks!
Cate
cataze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:02 PM   #2 
Mo

Quote:
Originally Posted by cataze View Post
Good afternoon everyone!

I moved my boy Akira into his 20 gallon a few days ago. He seems to spend a lot of time along the back wall of the tank. He doesn't flare or anything though. But I was wondering if I should get a background to minimize the chance of reflections.

So I'm wondering:

1) Are 3D backgrounds suitable for Bettas? I want one that has a natural rock look, and most with that look are the 3D ones
3-D backrounds should be okay with bettas given that the material used is not very sharp or has any places where the Betta can get trapped. Using 3-D backrounds can result in the lowered amount of water volume and lessening amount if space to swim which in then would result in a lowered stocking amount.
2) If I end up getting just the plastic sheet that you stick on the back of the tank, how would I go about that when the tank is already in place? There isn't much room between the tank and the wall. I guess just enough room for the HOB. So I guess I would just tape it at the sides?
Ideally you would want to go for a light colored backround as black backrounds can result in the Betta seeing its reflection. So if you go with a plastic one you would want to tape it to the wall as the other various ways dont seem to last as long
Thanks!
Cate
Good luck
Mo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 01:54 AM   #3 
Bombalurina

I have a stick-on-back one on Odysseus's tank, and yes, I just cut it slightly longer than the back of his tank and taped the edges to the sides. It looks really nice and adds a lot of depth. :)
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote