Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-06-2012, 04:16 PM   #1 
Aside

I Found a pet store

well duh, I live in New York there are three within a couple blocks from me. But I've been jumping back and forth from petland to petco to petsmart and getting fed up with them. They're expensive (particularly in manhattan). I walked into Petco with the intention of buying a larger tank, good for them right? Well no, because the 'fish expert' told me I shouldn't because Betta's are better off in small tanks and they don't need a heater. I walked out.

So I went down town to three fish stores today. The first one had healthy looking fish but was small and didn't have a lot in terms of equipment. I might go back if I was just looking for fish but the people weren't very helpful or rather they didn't even say hello to me when I walked in. I was the only one in the store.

The second one had some cool fish but I wasn't in love with how some of the tanks were set up and the people were kind of rude.

The last one I went to I fell in love. Not with the store but the fish. They all looked healthy and were, listen to this, actually swimming around. While I was looking around I was asked if I needed help multiple times and talking to the staff was a positive experience.

Best of all I got a 5.5 gallon tank, a large moss ball, and one of those dial a treats (which Dahli doesn't seem to interested in) for $30 with tax. I think that's pretty good for New York City prices.

They also had a tank of really nice looking fresh water plants. If/when I decide to set up a planted tank I know where I'm going. Or next time I need anything fish related for that matter.

p.s. When I said I was transporting my betta back and forth they suggested that instead of plastic cups I use shipping bags and offered my several for free before I even committed to buying anything or rather when I said I wasn't planning on buying anything at the time.

Last edited by Sakura8; 04-07-2012 at 01:09 AM. Reason: Profanity
Aside is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 12:01 PM   #2 
mattoboy

Thats awesome! We need more of those all over the continent!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote