Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Chat
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-03-2012, 07:21 PM   #1 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

A Small Victory For Betta Fish!

http://www.practicalfishkeeping.co.u...t.php?sid=4934

"At the same time 28-year-old Mark Freed, of Salem Place in Northfleet, Kent pleaded guilty to the same charge as well as an additional charge of not taking reasonable steps to ensure the wellbeing of Siamese fighting fish that were found in his flat in small plastic bags."
"Bodour, who is currently living and working in Holland was sentenced to a three-year conditional discharge and banned from owning aquatic animals for 10 years. He was also ordered to pay 3,130 in costs.
Freed will be sentenced on Tuesday, April 24 with Chairman of the bench Michael O'Brien telling him he would not rule out a custodial sentence."

Oh UK, you are ever so just in your dealings with animal cruelty. Banned from owning aquatic animals. THAT IS A GOOD SENTENCE. For something people in the West do ALL THE TIME. I hope the other guy mistreating betta gets a good sentence too.
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:09 PM   #2 
Bombalurina

We need a like button!
Bombalurina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:11 PM   #3 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

I'm in love with this website. Found it when researching freshwater crabs. It has so many interesting articles! :D
Old 04-03-2012, 08:46 PM   #4 
thekoimaiden

That is a great website. PFK is a leader in the fishkeeping world. I just wish I could get the magazine on this side of the pond. They also have a lot of great stuff on goldfish. These people know what they are doing with fish of all kinds. This was the first place where I found out about the vile "clock aquarium." They sometimes do a "worst fishkeeper" video of the week. I've seen some bad betta homes on that, too.
thekoimaiden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:56 PM   #5 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

They have so many articles on freshwater crabs <3 I think I'll have to put off on goldies for a while and get some sort of crab ;)
I was actually reading about goldfish on here just now though! They have really nice ones :O
I would totally get this magazine if I could, on that topic, what's a good North American Aquarium Magazine? Hopefully one you can find in petsmart:p
Old 04-03-2012, 09:19 PM   #6 
thekoimaiden

I have found two: Aquarium Fish International and Tropical Fish Hobbyist. But I don't know how accurate and reliable they are. I checked out their websites and I don't like them as much as PFK.
Old 04-03-2012, 09:23 PM   #7 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Hmm.. I'll have to look into them.
My heart breaks after reading that a single shrimp can cost 9,000 euros. o-o
Old 04-03-2012, 11:15 PM   #8 
thekoimaiden

Holy smokes! That shrimp better come with a world class chef ready to cook it into the world's best shrimp dish.
Old 04-03-2012, 11:39 PM   #9 
Luimeril

O_O woah! that's just.... amazing! banned from owning aquatic animals for keeping bettas in bags!
Luimeril is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 01:06 PM   #10 
Betta16

Its about time. If you can go to jail for being bad to your dog it should be the same with your fish.
Betta16 is offline   Reply With Quote