Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Pictures
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 12:42 AM   #11 
bettalover2033

Its just the picture quality. Don't be too alarmed since a tumor is just an abnormal growth that usually sticks out or looks like a bump, so if it isn't sticking out it isn't a tumor. Him being a marble explained the changes in color.

I actually thought he was a rescue for a minute so that's why I asked how long he was in your hands.

Hen did he start tail biting?
bettalover2033 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:52 AM   #12 
RedneckBettaGuru

I would say about 4-5months. This is just his second time doing it, the first time was just a couple little pieces from his caudal. He's gotten vicious it looks like. Would you recommend the salt everyday for a week like was suggested. I have no idea where to find these leaves.
RedneckBettaGuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 09:26 AM   #13 
wystearya

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedneckBettaGuru View Post

Wys- As i mentioned I do have two fake plants in there as well as a cave that i have never seen him go in before.
Sorry, I only read the top post which didn't mention it. Missed your reply!

I'm not sure what else to suggest.. Maybe try different decor or one of those floating Betta logs?

I see you've tried using the mirror too. I'm out of suggestions. 3 gallons sounds plenty big enough and you have things in there for him. Is there any chance his tail go caught on the plants? A lot of times the plastic plants can rip fins. Silk plants are much softer. And did you check the cave for sharp edges? >> You might have, I'm just asking. Trying to think of everything I can!
wystearya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 AM   #14 
RedneckBettaGuru

Yes I did look in the cave and there are no edges in it at all. I really don't think it could be the plants, there not very big and he has lots of open water area. Tommorow is water change day and today I will be looking for that water conditioner with IAL again.
Old 04-07-2012, 12:57 PM   #15 
bettalover2033

Yes I would recommend putting him in a 1 gallon tank and aquarium salt everyday for a week to see any kind of improvement. Also you must do 100% water changes everyday to keep the water VERY clean.

Also you can get a BUNCH of those leaves on Aquabid.com...you can get a lot for cheap,but maybe if you make a thread on the classifieds section you may be able to ask someone for one or two if they can send it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-07-2012, 01:11 PM   #16 
RedneckBettaGuru

Well I just did a 100% water change, added a 1tbsp of aquarium salt and 1ml of melafix. I know alot of people have different opinions on melafix. It's the only medicinal option I have for him though. I am in canada and don't know if I can find anyone with any IAL. I will take a look though, thanks again everyone.
Old 04-07-2012, 08:00 PM   #17 
bettalover2033

No problem. If you were in the USA I'd definitely help you out with some.

Good luck keep us updated.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-09-2012, 11:23 PM   #18 
RedneckBettaGuru

A sad update, I had put snowflake in a 1gallon cube QT in hopes of helping him heal. Today after work I went to change his water and when I took him out his cube and into the container I put them in when I do a water. He dove down to the botom super fast swam a couple circles and floated to the top. RIP Snow flake.
Old 04-10-2012, 12:19 AM   #19 
bettalover2033

Sorry to hear your loss. You tried and I'm sure he had a very nice life with you.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 04-10-2012, 12:32 AM   #20 
RedneckBettaGuru

Thank you, it was very tough as I saw it happen and there was nothing I could do. It's like losing a friend or family member. Who ever says "oh its just a fish!", have no idea. So lucky i could find one so quick that is so similar as he was.