Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Compatibility
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 08:46 PM   #11 
kfryman

Salt and pepper? I take it one is a peppered city and the other albino? That doesn't work, cories need to shoal with cories of the same species. The only cories that can be kept all together that are part of the same family are green/emerald, bronze, and albino. Your cories need members of their own family, so sad to say you will have to get rid of one and get the remaining one at least 3 more of the same type. That is if you don't have the same family of cories.

Also is your substrate sand or gravel? Cories need sand as the burrow their nose in the sand to find food, also gravel can injury their barbels.

Your Betta may be too aggressive for tank mates. It is something to look at when deciding tank mates.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 08:58 PM   #12 
freemike

You could try to find a new Betta for the community tank and leave your current Betta in the tank and try him with the snail. That's what I had to do with Mystic, but he even beat up the assassin snail I tried with him.
freemike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 01:43 PM   #13 
IX3you224

So.....
I had instaled a divider to seperate the fish because I couldn't stand to see the betta beat up the catfish anymore!
Today i did a complete change though. I did a 100% water change, bought sand for the tank, and bought all new objects to go inside.
I put the catfish in first and let them play, then added my betta.
At first he swam around checking things out, even swam right over the catfish, and things seems perfect. UNTILL the catfish started playing.
Now Tiny chases them around while flaring. He doesn't run into them though so I guess it is a little better.
I just don't understand. The catfish don't even bother Tiny. He swims over to them and then gets all mad and flares. Should I go back to the divider?
IX3you224 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 02:21 PM   #14 
BeckyFish97

I think if there are plenty of places for the cories to hide, then leave it as it is for a day, if there's no improvement by tomorrow or if you see the betta causing injuries in the catfish then divide the tank again, I think tiny may be finding it hard to adjust to having playmates, maybe he thinks that's playing, but its not quite the way the cories think of it, he'll learn!
BeckyFish97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2012, 08:10 PM   #15 
kfryman

I would recommend getting some terracotta pots for areas for the cories to hide in. It will help provide more areas for the cories to flea from your betta. I would also say make an area of the tank more dense that why if your betta does Chase the cories they will go in there and hide.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote