Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Classifieds
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-12-2012, 12:16 PM   #21 
Pitluvs

Actually, shipping from Canada to USA (and visa versa) isn't that much more expensive. It's like $2-5 extra. Sometimes it's cheaper! For example... I sent a small box to a province over in Canada, cost me $17. I sent a medium sized box to Tenn, USA and it cost me the same price. Not only was it the same price but the box was twice as larger to USA lol But, getting live plants across the boarder is not easy. I have extra java moss too! Darn it!
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:30 PM   #22 
tpocicat

I have Java Moss, but I'm still letting it grow. It hasn't gotten to the stage of having to prune it. I'll put in a classified when I have some to send.
tpocicat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:46 PM   #23 
TakoLuLu

I guess it's probably just that shipping from the US to Canada is pricey and that shipping within Canada itself is a bit pricier than it is in the US. It's insanely expensive for me to ship things to my friend up in Winnipeg. At the same time, I can ship a small flat rate priority box (guaranteed quick delivery, 3 days at most to pretty much anywhere in the US) for $5.35.

What's with all the spare moss in Canada, huh? lol

I'll keep on waiting then. It seems like I'll have loads of offers in a couple months, haha.
TakoLuLu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:47 PM   #24 
Pitluvs

I've actually bought many many things from USA and never payed much more than what it cost to ship within USA. Odd. I bought tons and tons of baby related stuff and fabric for animal bedding :)
Pitluvs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 12:53 PM   #25 
TakoLuLu

Interesting. It's possible they're losing some money on shipping and/or shipping it via a method that if it doesn't get there your screwed because there'd be no way to track it down. Even the cheapest, least secure method of shipping to Canada has always been a couple bucks more than the same sized box to somewhere in the US in my experience, even things as small as padded envelopes.
Old 04-12-2012, 10:44 PM   #26 
Hanky

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inga View Post
And I and aweful case of impatience. When I decide I want something out, then out it goes. I really need to think about finding new homes for plants. I just dumped a ton of Rotala and many small Amazon swords. My tank is bursting at the seems and I keep having to downsize it. I am thinking of redoing my smaller tank with cutting. Maybe I will find the patience to see if anyone wants any of the remaining plants.
Please let us know next time you have extras, I would like some new plants, and cant seem to find good healthy stock in my area either. You could have your own side business going haha
Hanky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2012, 11:35 PM   #27 
TakoLuLu

You'd definitely have several eager takers of your "plant rubbish" Inga, lol!
Old 04-13-2012, 09:35 AM   #28 
inareverie85

If you join plantedtank.net they have a Swap and Shop section where people sell plants. Im sure you'll be able to find some java moss quite easily there since its such a common moss.

Also, keep in mind that riccia and fissdens need more light than a lot of other mosses, so make sure you can provide that before spending all sorts of money. Would have for them to die. :3

Good luck!
inareverie85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2012, 10:36 AM   #29 
TakoLuLu

Thank you for the suggestion & the reminder about light needs. I'm not in any major hurry to get any of these plants, so I'll just wait and see what turns up here most likely. I will keep the plantedtank.net forums as an idea though. I already lurk there quite a bit, just for the good information!
Old 04-13-2012, 01:31 PM   #30 
sparkyjoe

Huh, with the photo period I'm using it looks like the Najas (guppy grass) I have in one of my tanks is taking off! It's kind of neat looking.
sparkyjoe is offline   Reply With Quote