Betta Fish Care  
Go Back   Betta Fish and Betta Fish Care > Betta Fish Bowls, Habitats, and Accessories
Check out the eBook Betta Fish Care Made Easy
betta fish

Old 04-07-2012, 07:43 PM   #1 
Itsonme

Do I have everything i need? looking for suggestions.

I really want a happy healthy betta fish and do what i can to make sure I have everything i need. Even if its not necessary i want to explore all options.

here are some pictures.

5 gallon tank with a 50 watt aqueon pro heater set to 79F, a silk plant attempting to hide the heater to no avail and a little t-rex skull toy i sanded the insides smooth for him to swim through.

might be tough to see but its at exactly 79F

top to bottom: prime by seachem, freeze dried blood worms (for treats on occasion), omega one betta buffet, new life spectrum betta formula, and betta bio-gold by hikari. I feed him 4 pellets a day, 2 by one brand and 2 from another and cycle threw them evenly and fast him on sundays.

that's a picture of my pretty boy, got him from petco hes a DT male.

I do 50% water changes once a week and treat all 5 gallons with prime on the same day once weekly. I really want to see if there is anything else i need for him to make his life longer and happier.
Itsonme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 07:55 PM   #2 
jasonh
Banned

hey i have that skull thing and that thermometer.

no there can never be enough fish stuff!!!!

just kidding. or am i. anyways, make sure he's not stressed and he should be fine.

i was thinking about getting this stuff and sprinkling gravel over the gaps
http://www.amazon.com/Green-Spring-P...3846556&sr=1-1
jasonh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 10:18 PM   #3 
mattoboy

It looks absolutely great. But you need one thing... and it cannot be bought... and its a little thing called "Love" ;) Cheers! BTW handsome boy! Love his colors!
mattoboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:01 PM   #4 
MrVampire181

Excellent idea on the food containers... I may have to buy a couple containers of the food I use and do that...
MrVampire181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2012, 11:40 PM   #5 
Itsonme

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattoboy View Post
It looks absolutely great. But you need one thing... and it cannot be bought... and its a little thing called "Love" ;) Cheers! BTW handsome boy! Love his colors!
he gets plenty of love :)

and yea the food containers are great i love using all the best foods i dont think there are any other types anyone use
Old 04-07-2012, 11:58 PM   #6 
kfryman

I would get some more silk plants, seems a tad bare. He will also enjoy the dense plants because bettas come from dense areas and do not being in the open.
kfryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:27 AM   #7 
Gen2387

Great tank. You have one lucky fish! He even has a buffet!!! I have the same T-Rex skull in my 5 gallon. My fish loves it. So you asked what more you could get... well not much except more plants. But that's just me, I love when the tanks are full of hiding space and my fish can rest or swim through the plants, and they usually love exploring too. I have one of those silk floating plants and he loves to use it to build his bubble nests.

If you feel adventurous (lol) you can go get a little moss ball. Those are SO GREAT! I suck at keeping plants but they are super easy to keep and bettas love them.

Good luck!
Gen2387 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 08:45 AM   #8 
Sena Hansler

That's pretty good overall :) I think the others covered the "what else"
Sena Hansler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:29 AM   #9 
Olympia
TFK Moderator

Youre pretty much set! Good job, you clearly did a lot of research into caring for your little guy :)
I'd probably go get some aquarium salt, you can get a big box for pretty cheap, it doesn't go bad as far as I know. It's good to have on hand in case something happens and you aren't able to get to a store easily :)
Olympia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2012, 09:59 AM   #10 
Itsonme

thanks alot guys i will add some more silk plants in the back of the tank, I want to keep the foreground bare thats where i view and feed him

anyone have literature on moss ball care? one day i plan on doing live plants in a bigger tank i just never looked into it maybe a moss ball is a good start.